Seedling Yellow. Please HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by leadbelly23, Mar 3, 2013.

1. My seedling is about 9 days old and I have been feeding just water with 6.5 - 7.0 ph. It is in MG moisture control soil. Fan and light on it 4 x 26w cfl. mist soil with water about twice a day until soil is wet as it is a small pot and dries out fast. Temperature is a constant 78F. Yesterday I noticed it started yellowing on the tips of the main leaves and I have no idea why it has been in the exact same growing condition minus me lowering the ph from 8.0 to 6.5 -7.0 with GH ph down. Please help me quick I only have this one seed and seedling and it is sick. Btw the strain is Blue Dream.:(

Picture here! : http://imgur.com/UdTqso4

2. You're overwatering, seedling is asphyxiating in "moisture control" soil. How big is your pot?

3. My pot is like 2 inches, veryyy small, I will transplant it later. How can I dry it out the fastest?

4. Put it in a bigger pot with better soil, don't mist the soil 3 times a day. It will recover.

5. Over water is very possible. What are you using as a light source though? Your not feeding it anything right?

6. I only have MG moisture control so gotta work with it. I am using four 26w cfl's as the light source they are about 2 inches away from the plant

7. ^can you buy perlite? It will help greatly with aeration and drainage.

8. Yeah I have perlite actually. Should I mix it half and half with the MG or what ratio?

9. Cool doesn't sound like lighting or heat should be an issue.

10. I'd start with 3 parts soil to 1 part perlite, no more than 2:1. No "rule of thumb" with miracle grow since growers avoid it like the plague, but you can go by feel. Take a fistfull of damp soil and squeeze it... when you release it should crumble apart easily. If you have wormcastings, use them too. Quality compost (castings, humus) is the foundation of a good soil. You can improve any bag of dirt with the right amendments.

11. seriously, buy something else. Im certain that you can get better soil than that. soil quality determines a huge lot of the success youre gonna have.

12. #13 Thicken Dense, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    ...not saying it can't be done, in fact I'm telling you how it can be done with Miracle gro soil. You don't know anything about what that guy used, bet my bottom dollar he amended it whether he admits it or not.

edit: Also, the veggies you grew before in MG will blow you away when you apply your organic ganja knowledge to them, I posted pics of a pepper plant last season that was unbelievably healthy and robust, using recycled soil no less.

13. Turns out it was actually way under watered cause the soil wasn't holding any moisture so I transfered it to a bigger pot and opened the other bag of fresh moisture control soil and used that instead of my old kinda dried up one.

14. You'll want to fully saturate your medium rather than mist just the top so you don't end up with dead spots in the root zone that can sometimes prove difficult to re-hydrate. If you have good drainage, it's almost impossible to add too much water at once. The problems arise when you don't give your medium enough time to properly dry out before doing it again. So make sure to water until you have a good amount of runoff coming out the bottom, then don't water again until your pot feels very light...which is generally ~3-4 days in my experience.

Under/over-watering symptoms can often be mistaken. I find with this regimen of watering, they are easier to distinguish. If your plants are droopy the day after watering, over-watered. If they get droopy right before watering, under-watered. It takes some getting used to, but once you do, you'll have a happy plant.

peace,

-BB

15. Thanks Budderball for explaining. With the new mix I made sure the whole thing was wet and hopefully it will stop yellowing tomorrow. When I transplanted it all the dirt in the mini pot was super dry and wouldnt even hold together. Kinda scared the majority of the roots lower down didn't get any water.