Seedling troubles.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kiddmanty, Jan 17, 2013.

1. I will start off with the info:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    Soil
    What brand and type of soil?
    Premier potting soil
    Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    What strain?
    Blue Berry from SPLIFF
    How old are the plants?
    2 weeks
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    3 150W (equivalent) 6500k and 1 2700k
    How far from the lights?
    5 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    Average about a water a week and tap water left out to evaporate.
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    No nutrients yet just got it today
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    Meter in transit right now so do not know the PH but runoff is clear.
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    About 21C/room temperature
    What size pots?
    Around a 1 gallon pot
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    None
    Any other pertinent info?
    Have one 120mm fan exhast on top of box, as well a oscillating fan.

Hi, I want to thank anyone that might comment with anything to help me right off the start. I just started misting them and made the mistake of misting them while lights were on so the white residue is from the left over water. Also the problems started before misting and they looked brownish starting on the leaves. The bottom leaves are turning yellow and starting to look dead. I let off for a while just to see if they would rebound back and hopefully just go through new grower worry but it seemed to be getting worse. Also they look lifeless and dull just not what many others grows look like.

I've made an album to show you what I mean.
    Plant worry - Imgur

2. what is the npk info on the soil you used? the soil itself might of been a little on the hot side and you're experiencing a little bit of nute burn? but i'd think it'd be more prominent towards the top or effecting the entire plant instead of just the lower oldest leaves.
    it could also mean perhaps that the plant is looking for nitrogen and is using the nutrients from its lower leaves now to sustain itself.
    did you add any amendments to the soil?
    is it possible it was an old sight of were the lights were too close when it was younger? if that's not the case, how soon ago did this appear?

3. I can't seem to find any NPK on the bag, so I am not sure. That would make some sense about the lower leaves. None just what's in the bag since the bag comes with perlite and peat moss and other things. The lights I would suspect no since I was pretty wary about that in the beginning But the one leave did grow weird to begin with.
    imgur: the simple image sharer
    This all started maybe 3 days ago, but the plant has always looked a little on the sad side, but may suspect that would be from the no nutes?

4. keep doin what your doin. minor burn on first set of leaves, all sets since look great. Old growth will never look pretty once its been burnt. so watch new growth for the plant to tell you whats goin on. looks to me as it was burning a few weeks ago but is doin great now.

5. Alright will do. Thanks for the info.

6. Agree with previous posters, nothin to worry about. When giving light information give actual watts not equivalent.

4th grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud 1200w