Seedling trouble

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ebcrew, Jan 30, 2015.

1. #1 Ebcrew, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    Ok so i have 2 northern light autos going

1 is growing great and is in FFOF with nutes, the second however isnt growing at all. 

It is in organic soil and is yellowing, not growing and i cant understand why.

Any ideas?

Also a little information i havent watered each for 4 days. Im using 2 26w CFLs on that particular plant as of now about 3-4 inches away.

Attached Files:

2. Are you ph'ing your water mate?....only thing I can think is that maybe the smaller lady is suffering from nute lockout, although it seems unlikely if they are both receiving the same feeds/soil/lights etc.....might just be that she is a late bloomer actually, I had one that was similar on my last run, only 1/4 of the size of the others, but it soon caught up in the last week or two of veg. :)

Well shes in different soil and receiving no nutes. I dont pH my water, i do however let it sit in unopened gallon jugs for a few days.

But im really stumped on this one

4. Yeah letting it sit for a couple of days is great for removing chlorine mate, but it still could be that your tap water is running at either a high or low ph naturally, and don't quite me, but I think when water is sat for a couple of days it becomes more oxygenated, which in turn increases the ph, so if it's coming out a bit too high for the plants to successfully take up nutes, then it might not be helping. 

I would grab a ph meter bro, only $10 or so, and at least then you will be able to test either way if that is the problem, and even if it's not, being able to give the girls the correct ph'd feed each and every time is never a bad thing anyway. :)

Then again if she is in different soil then that could be the issue.....maybe the other soil is better quality and so the other plant is growing faster because of it.....or worse case scenario the other soil is seriously shit and therefore that plant will forever struggle.....or then again it could just be genetics....lol....so many possibilities. 

If I were you I would grab the ph meter first, test the ph after adding nutes, and then feed till 10% or so runoff.....then test the ph of the water in the runoff....that will let you know if the ph of the soil is decent or not. 

5. Many cities have changed from using chlorine to chloramine. So try to find out about that. On amazon you can get chloramine/chlorine remover. The problem with chloramine is that it does not evaporate when you let it stand for 24 hours. Gl mate :)