Seedling surgery

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by markthomson, May 24, 2019.

1. Hi, there was a situation and i was forced to take my 6 day old seedlings out of their soil for about 20 minutes, i replanted them as carefully as i could and i placed them outside so they get the most sun (indoor grow room was not an option anymore) i placed them in my backyard so they are getting the most evening sun. my question is, what are the chances that the will survive? and if they do, i was planning on bringing them inside for their 6 hour darkness period. I cant wait for fall for these plants to flower so im following my own light cycle and ill leave them for 12 hours outside and 12 hours inside when i feel that they are ready to flower, is this a good idea?

Thanks.

2. No.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Seedlings need alot of light and care until a bit mature. I've tried having them outside in the past and have had no luck keeping them alive. Now I wait till there 18 to 20in tall then stick them in 20+ gal cloth pots and let them go have fun in the sun.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks for the info, right now im only leaving my seedlings outside for 2 hours daily and they seem to be loving it, one more question. i will be planing on feeding my plants nutes right when they go into veg stage, on the nutrient bottle there are 2 feeding quantites, early veg and aggresive veg growth. which quantity of nutrients should i feed my plants at veg stage?

5. No to what, is it not a good idea to forceflower them?

thanks in advance :)

6. Early veg amounts, start with a quarter of the amount and then as you feed increase it till at full dose, that lowers the chance of lockouts or burning them with nutes. If they seem to be taking it well and not showing signs of any nute stress. That's what I would start with anyway.

7. Forcing flowering is fine, it's not a good idea to rely on yourself to bring in and take out your plants everyday at the same time for an extended period. I suppose I can only speak for myself but there would come a time I'd forget to bring them in or I wouldn't always be home when the time comes. If you can do it then it'll work, it's just not a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  8. i was planning on starting with half of the recommended amount for nutrients, but i suppose starting with a quarter and gradually leading to a half be better. when do you think i need to start using aggresive veg amounts of nutrients?