Seedling stem too long?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by noahr66, May 21, 2015.

1. My Kaya gold pictures here was planted a week ago, and started popping out of the soil on Saturday.so it's stem has been leaning to the side, and I fear the stem is too tall for its current age. What can I do to strengthen the stem? ( or is there even a problem?) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432161427.403110.jpg

2. Get some dirt around it!!

3. you need to get your light source closer.. its stretching for the light! put some dirt around it.. why did you start in that little bitty thing? use a solo cup next time..i would move it to one right now if i were you. you just gotta remember if your growing indoors your creating an enviroment.. the wind strengthens up the stems and encourages them to grow big and strong for future windy conditions. that means keep a breeze on them 24/7 

4. I've done that, I'm just wondering how to strengthen the stem. This is a picture of another with the same genetics, and same overall background. I don't know why this one is so much more stretched ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432163888.700221.jpg

5. [quote name="SomeRandomNewb" post="21675888" timestamp="1432163854"]you need to get your light source closer.. its stretching for the light! put some dirt around it.. why did you start in that little bitty thing? use a solo cup next time..i would move it to one right now if i were you. you just gotta remember if your growing indoors your creating an enviroment.. the wind strengthens up the stems and encourages them to grow big and strong for future windy conditions. that means keep a breeze on them 24/7 [/quote i know that it looks like it's stretching for lightly, but I'm keeping it in the sun during the day. And the nirvana seeds grow kit said to start them in those ? I'll transplant them to the ground pretty soon though for unavoidable reasons. I'm just doing all I can until then to make sure they're strong enough.

6. for some reason that last one didn't quite right

7. Looks like normal stretch for a seedling to me, just put it in its final pot/ground and cover up the white part of the stem

8. i would ignore what they said and start in atleast a solo cup until they needed a transplant. they will be out of root room in no time. and wind is what makes them strong.