Seedling starting to droop???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shan1784, Mar 20, 2019.

1. She's an auto critical purple from growers choice. She's about 2 weeks old and in hempy with 3:1 perlite/vermiculate. Just started on 130ppm 5.8ph nutes. Using lucas method so its gro and bloom by GH. Also silica, calmag, and hydroguard. It's the mix I'm using for my other plant that I just flipped to flower. I just took a out 50ml from my nute res and put it in a bucket with about a half gallon of RO water. It measured out to be 130ppm. Gave her the first feeding a couple days ago and one feeding this morning.

Does she look over watered? I noticed the drooping this morning and has gotten worse through out the day.

Opinions? Ideas?

20190319_204846.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Over watering maybe? Your temp is getting up there too.

3. Temp is high 60's. Do you mean the humidty that is showing 88%?

4. Oh, thats humidity? Sorry, couldnt see. Yeah, Thats really high. Should try and keep it around 35-40%. With over watering and high humidity you can get root rot and pests. Temp could come up a bit, but 70's is ideal.

5. #5 MickFoster, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Impossible to overwater a hempy. You should be feeding at least once a day until the roots hit the rez. I generally feed around the perimeter of the plant several times a day at this stage.
    These are 2 weeks from sprout in hempy cups and fed everyday for your comparison.
    2 weeks auto.JPG

6. Nice looking plants.

I agree with hempy being hard to overwater which is why I go that route. This time around I got perlite and vermiculite from a local grow store rather then ordering online. My first run was using course large perlite and vermiculite but this stuff I got is very fine and I'm thinking I may have used too much vermiculite which almost seems to be holding moisture. I just checked this morning by putting my finger down into the media and it was pretty wet still 24hrs after it's last watering. Not to mention she is in a rapid rooter plug which I'm sure is soaked still too.

7. Vermiculite is supposed to hold moisture - that's why I use very little. Did you rinse your perlite before you used it? If not, that could be your problem. I fill 2 5 gal. buckets with water 3/4 full and pour in some perlite - swish it around a little then scoop what floats and put in the 2nd bucket for a second rinse - the powder will sink to the bottom. I would imagine that if you have too much powder in the bottom it would restrict the oxygen to the roots. I wouldn't worry about the hempy's being wet after 24hrs. it's supposed to be - I start feeding to run off once every other day and when the plants start drinking it all in 2 days I start feeding to run off daily in flower. Good luck.
    Here's what it looks like, and this was just after rinsing enough perlite for one bucket.
    perlite sludge 1.JPG perlite sludge.JPG

8. Yeah I thoroughly rinsed the perlite. Poked holes in the bottom of the bag for drainage and rinsed for quite some time.