Seedling Stage?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xcuz, Jan 13, 2013.

1. I'm a little confused as what to do after my seeds germinate. I understand that germination is where the first little white root comes out of the seed. Would it be possible to let the seedling grow in the same germination conditions?

I've heard you can germinate in soil, but I'm not really sure. I've tested a few seeds and germinated them using Stylez's Germination 420 guide. His germination guide is perfect for my situation. However, would it be possible if I got a solo cup, poked some holes in the bottom of it, poured a water bottle in it, then let the seedling germinate and go through it's seedling stage while being contained in my dark and warm/room temp closet. I'm just really not sure what to do right after my seeds germinate.

2. In a word, no. Once the seed germinates it basically is now a living plant that needs to grow or die. Once germinated you need to plant it and let it sprout where it will get abundant light.

Your question is kinda like asking if a pregnant woman goes into labor, can't she just hold it in for a couple of weeks?

3. Hmm, not quite sure I understand the question...

Your seed should be put into your medium as soon as possible, you sure as hell don't want a seedling growing on a paper towel. Once you see the white tap root coming out of the seed, it's germinated and ready to grow. Drop it in a 1/4" hole in your soil and lightly cover it up. At this point, turn on the lights, keep it in a warm+moist environment, and it will typically sprout in 2-4 days. Once sprouted, you are in the seedling stage. From here they will require adequate lighting, water/humidity; food a couple weeks down the road.

4. I plant my seeds straight in to 5 gal pots.. No soaking or paper towel.. I completely soak soil an leave for 2 hours, then out the wrapper i plant seeds 1cm deep, place a 2 litre plastic bottle with the bottom cut off over the area where seed is an put in my dark tent.. Usually pop within 5 days but the quickest has come though in 2.5 days.. Lights on when the first one breaks the surface an leave the bottle on them for about 5/6 days misting the inside of the bottle as often as pos..

image-2215547875.jpg

5. Thank you! This completely answered my question.