Seedling Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Prettylights10, Jun 20, 2012.

1. What you guys use for seedling soil in a SOLO cup? I am using 5 gallon smart pots with fox farm ocean forrest once i transplant.

2. Might as well stick with FF and use their Happy Frog...it's decent seedling soil...

3. Anybody else?

4. I use Fox Farms Light Warrior for seedlings then they go in Ocean Forest when transplanted.

5. I haven't had any problems using FFOF for my clones or seedlings. Couple times they had a little shock but that's probably from planting the clones and not the soil. Maybe test the ph to make sure its safe and you should be fine

6. Ive heard from some people that FF Ocean Forrest is bad for seedlings. What exactly about it makes it not good to use?

7. Some seedlings can be a little more sensitive to nutes early on and Ocean Forest has nutes in it. Many people use it with no problems for both clones and seedlings as for me I just use Light Warrior. One bag of it just for clones or seedlings will last you a long time when starting them in Solo party cups.

8. Yup...not just that it has nutes, but relatively high levels...it's too "hot" for lots of seedlings and clones...Happy Frog and Light Warrior have nutes in them too, just at much lower levels that are more suitable for seedlings and clones...

Some people do use OF for seedlings and get away with it, but if you get serious nute burn on a seedling, say goodbye to your grow...better to be safe than sorry...;)

9. Is there more than one type of happy frog seedlings soil?

10. Fox Farms has two products with the name Happy Frog. One is a potting soil the other is a soil conditioner. you would want the potting soil version.

FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company