Seedling Problem??!?! or Light Problem?? HElp HElp

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dasgoth, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Evening/Afternoon,

Mk, if I had a camera I would post a picture so I'll try to describe it as best I can (I kno I should be flogged for not having a pic :(

Seedlings are 8 days old (8 days having true leaves) all have 2 sets of leaves on them some with almost 3. They are in a mixture of perilite and 5.-.5-.5 composted manure...60% Perlite/40% Composted manure (Black Kow) and watering every other day depending on how the soil feels. They have been under a 250w MH for the past 8 days (air cooled hood) about 5.5 inches from the top of their leaves to the light. RH 40-49 and temps from 70's to 83F throughout the day and night.

Symptoms: All the stems look slightly purplish/reddish and under the biggest leaves had slight purplish spreading outward towards the end of the leaf. Also the leaves are curving downward slightly.

Is it a phosphorus problem? I have not given them any nutes so far. I looked at http://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/nutrientdisorders_guide.php and what seems the most likely would be phosphorous. Also I moved the light up to ~11 inches away from the tops just to be on the safe side as far as light goes. Any suggestions on correcting this or am I panicking over nothing? I was going to mix up a tea of molasses and EWC now and feed it to them tomorrow morning...I may add a drop of Maxicrop just for fun as well. I greatly appreciate your quick responses and time.

Das

2. Hm... well after I moved the light to ~11 inches away, they seem to be doing "better". They still have leaves slightly curling down and the purple on the underside of the leaves.....but some of the small leaves at the top of the seedlings that were slightly purple-ish are not purplish anymore and now normal looking.

Still curious about the purplish on the underside of the leaves and stems tho... :p I'm just probably freakin out about nothing tho.

3. Often time compost is too hot for seedlings. It could be the start of fert burn.

4. Hm... possibly...but if it was nute burn wouldn't the plants look a smidgin worse than some very slighty purpling only on the underside of the leaf? xD I kno since you can't see them its a bit harder to diagnose. I"ll keep you updated if they start doing anything crazy in the next few days. Thanks for the quick reply.

5. Hey VTEC, one other question for ya while your online... since you think it may be minor nute burn from the composted manure....I presume I should hold on giving them any teas for another week?

Das

6. Purple could be strain, temp, etc. but with info u gave, compost sends a bell. If its the fert burn then give it a few days and the leaves will necross. If not we deal with it then.

7. Sadhu isn't known for purps.... temps haven't been too low. Another notes I've been looking at more is around the outside of the large leaves (on some) it appears slightly lighter shade of green .... the start of necrosis??? From here what do you recommend me to do?

8. Well this morning I looked at them...the leave droopyness is gone and most of the purp on the underside of the leaves are gone..some still have a little on em.

Other note they now have a nice minty-skunk smell going... very subtle at the moment.

9. They are probably ok but with no pics its hard to tell

10. xD I kno I kno.. I"m bidding on a nice camera.. hopefully I win it =) then we will have pictures galore!