Seedling Opinions & Light Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rydin4life, Jun 4, 2017.

1. I'm on my first grow here and have made a few posts so far. I placed two seeds in water on May 28th and they sprouted taproots on May 30th so I put them into soil, about 3/4" down. They broke the soil on 6/1 and the pictures below are from today, 6/4....day 3 from breaking ground. They're under 1 Mars Hydro 300 for now, but I have another light ready when they get a bit bigger. The light is at 30". Should I keep it at that distance or lower it? Also, when should I put them under their own individual light?

https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...3/?temp_hash=0e64ba8611e20c428a250d8c2408f9d9
    https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...4/?temp_hash=0e64ba8611e20c428a250d8c2408f9d9
    https://forum.grasscity.com/attachm...5/?temp_hash=0e64ba8611e20c428a250d8c2408f9d9

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. id lower your light to abt 12" tbh. theyre gonna stretch like hell at 30"

3. The instructions say 18-24...was worried about burning them

4. Yeah I dunno about 12" but it's much too far away as it sits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The instructions on the MarsHydro says germination at 24-30", seedling at 24, veg at 18-24, and flower at 12-18. I moved to 24" for them for now.

6. I'll stand by my original statement that it is WAY too far away. You ought not ask questions if you aren't going to listen to the answer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I moved them 6" closer..and matched to the instructions. You said 12" was too cost but didn't give an actual number so I'm open to additional input.

8. #8 Buzzer777, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    ADDITIONALLY:They are very young to go in that large pot..A common error here is to over water them..
    Lings in a smaller Solo cup will grow faster than those in a large pot..I usually transplant them as soon as the larger leaves reach the outer diameter of the cup (avoid root bound that way..This is the drip line for the plant.
    Don't move them now; just do not over water..jmho..

9. Yea you too far away bit those are very tiny babys

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. They're auto's so I didn't want to transplant, hence why I started in the pots. As they're only 3 days old, I just wanted to be cautious with the lights. I just dropped from 30" to 24". Should I go to 18". When should I put them under their own light? Also, I haven't watered them aside from the initial soil soaking right before I put the seeds in. Roughly when would the be due for their first watering?

11. I cant tell you how much heat they will get cause its led id say 18 is fine

12. Use common sense to decide how high they need to go. It seems more than a little silly to me that you would even need to ask.

13. I dunno how leds feel i just use the back of my hand to feel heat

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. It doesn't produce much heat, just wasn't sure if the amount of light would be too much for them. Since it's my first venture, I just wanted to be cautious. I did drop from 30 to 24 and will go a little lower tomorrow since that seems to be the concensus. Again, they're both under the same light for now, but they will each get their own once they get a little bigger.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Should I wait until they grow more leaves to put them under their own light or am I OK to put one dedicated light on each one at 24"? Once they get more growth in the veg stage, I'll drop to 18" per the light instructions I suppose. Temp steady at 72 this morning.