Seedling only producing single finger leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kenbob42, Jun 25, 2020.

1. This is my fourth grow and I understand I’m not experienced but this is the first time I’ve seen more than one set of single finger leaves also it’s hard to describe but frail looking compared to the other seeds I’ve popped.

Here’s the set up and other info.

Seed popped 12 days ago

Strain- family jewels from humboldt seed company-feminized

Light-HLG 65w LED 18 hours per day

Soil- transplanted to FFOF (tap root is insanely long)

Water- only when dry and water PH is 6.4

Temp- steady 78 [​IMG]degrees

Humidity- 58%

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. IMG_1815.JPG

I wanted to bring this back up with a recent pic to see if anyone has seen or knows anything about the set of single finger leaves that are odd looking

3. Water less

• Like Like x 1
  4. So your saying the reason it produced an extra set of odd looking single finger leaves is because of over watering.....

I’m fairly new new only 4 grows under my belt but that doesn’t seem correct

5. Have you grown that strain before? Could just be a genetics thing. Other than that, it looks healthy. I wouldn't sweat it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. No this is the first try with this strain and company. I grabbed a 10 pack of this strain and one other. Aside from the odd leaves it is very puny for being 3 weeks old

7. Odd because my mind first went to Indica because they tend to grow slower, but your plant looks to be a Sativa. Well hopefully it will take off for you.

8. Their description is 20% indica 80% Sativa. A mix of Old Growth OG and Lost Coast lemons. I’m gonna stick it out but easily the smallest I’ve seen in my short time growing after 3 weeks and I realize 3 weeks is a small time frame

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMG_1889.JPG

I wanted to bump this up. I’m hoping someone can give me advice on my plant. Before i was concerned with a second set of single finger leaves now I’m worried about the plant as a whole.

As you can see the first set of true leaves are dead at the tips. All other leaves seem fine. Also this is a month old and she is TINY. The 5 finger leaves you see are just barely as big as a quarter.

Someone please help or advise

10. I can't help cos don't know soil but I've read it so I'll give you a bump back to the top :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Could just be a runt. They not all zingers!:thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 1
  12. chop of the old rusty leaves. New growth looks ok have to let her grow to see.

Yeah she crazy small for a month. how have you been watering. What size pot? How much water?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gonna smell like a sea of lemons when it flowers.

14. looks like the soil was a bit to hot for seeds or small seedlings ,,,but look like its now got through that and as started to grow ok now ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  15. Started in a 16oz solo cup tap root was growing out of the bottom of the cup within 10days so I moved her to 3gal fabric pot.

I have only watered when dry about 2inches deep and only about 8oz at a time.

16. Have you grown this strain before? I can’t find any grow journals or anything really about this strain

17. useually the reason for slow growth I see is because people don’t water properly.
    So yo ur in a 3 gallon fabric pot(it looks bigger).

how much is 8oz in Ltrs lol. Soil is pretty much always dry 2” below the surface. You need to make sure you saturate completely and leave. I would expect roughly 6/7 days between watering at the beginning..

18. negative, but its lemons.

19. [​IMG]
    Just trimmed those dead leaves off and watered I’m getting a good laugh at so silly she looks but we are still trucking.

I also germinated another seed of same strain it took about 5 days but she’s just now starting to pop up. 5 days seems like a long time to me but for the price I paid I wasn’t going to give up

I really wanted to do a grow journal with this strain since I haven’t seen any info about growing this strain but for now I’m gonna be happy if it will start proper veg cycle