Seedling not Sprouting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SirtoKeeAlot, Apr 24, 2012.

1. I planted a bagseed in coco-peat on the 17th of april and put the lights on for 48hrs then changed it to 18/6 and gave it a feed of seasol power feed it has been a week with no signs of sprouting :(

Opinions please, thankyou

2. Are you saying you fed a seed some nutes before it even broke surface?

3. why would you feed seasol? Its a powerful additive and only fed to plants - around 1 teaspoon a gallon when they are mature!

next time just sow the seed in your sphagnum peat and worm castings. cover with 1/4'' of your soil and mist it down with clear water very well. cover with a humidity dome, it will sprout within a few days.

4. H2T hit the nail right on the head.

5. umm yes but its a formula of Fish, Humic and Trace Elements and with a NPK Ratio of 12:1.4:7

6. Ok so use nothing but water...I like using distilled water. But you can use tap. Wrap it in a wet paper towel, put it in a plastic bag and put in a dark area and forget about it for a week.

Why are you putting 12-1-7 on something that hasne't even sprouted.

7. i've already sown it in the peat, I put the seasol power feed on them because it says on the bottle 25ml to 9litres of water for seedlings and 45ml to 9litres of water for established plants every 1-2 weeks

8. seedlings, not seeds. you said nothing sprouted, so they must be seeds.

9. ok then... well now that ive done it how much damage have i done will it still sprout or shuld i dig it out???

10. the seed is cooked. nothing will come out of it. start over and use plain water.

11. Use the paper towel method, I think it's the easiest.

12. I gotta say just sticking it in the ground is easiest, as mother nature intended. No human interaction is required, plants lived for a long time before humans ect....

13. I agree, but we are talking about someone putting nutes on a seed. I think the easiest thing for him/her is to paper towel it. And I have had much success with that method.

14. i just put it outside if it sprouts awesome, i got one more bagseed left so i will germ that i got a auto blueberry cant wait :)

15. You should do the paper towel technique and put it in a ziplock back. Then wrap the bag in a dark tshirt or something to keep it warm and put it in a closet or somewhere in room temperature. This is much easier than putting it directly in soil because 1 you wont waste any soil if the seed isnt viable in the first place and 2you can save yourself from wondering whats going on. You can see if the seed is sprouting or not. When it does just drop it into the soil and continue as normal. I hate not knowing whats going on.

16. I do the double paper plate method, it's always worked for me with a 95-100 percent success rate

17. the last time i used the non-bleached paper towel method for 5-10 seeds, dont remember exactly how many but in that range, they sprouted and were about 1/2 inch long when I attempted to transfer them into soil, however the taproots had grown into the paper towel and when i detached them from the towels this transplanting stress killed them all. Do you paper towel advocato's have any tips for preventing this?

18. Just check on them everyday and dont let them get too long. If its connected to the paper towel just cut around it and plant it in the soil. The paper towel wont hurt the plant, just try to get off as much as you can. I did this method every time and successful every time. Im actually gonna start my second grow sometime this week with the same method.