Seedling not growing anymore?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Aarong1131, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Hey guys, currently got 4 seedlings in a coco mix under a 400w. They are now coming up for there second week and one of them doesn't seem too be growing and the leaves on top are like black? Will post pictures 1518704864581.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Are you using the same nutrients, bedding compound, and light for all seedlings?

3. Are you using the same nutrients, bedding compound, and light for all seedlings?

• Like Like x 1
  4. What do the others looks like ?

5. Yeah all the exact same!

6. Will add more photos hold on

7. Read somewhere that it might help if i transplant them into a bigger pot?

8. your light may be too close

9. Won't make a difference because that seedling isn't rootbound. Transferring to a larger pot just means you have a higher chance of overwatering (aka killing your plant) since it's so small.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had a 600w before i just swapped too the 400w yesterday, the 600w wasn't that close to them and the 400w is higher than the recommended height, i could try lifting it up a bit more anyway, im pretty sure i over watered them and its like stuned the growth or something? Just hasn't seemed too get any better, do u think i should transplant it into a bigger pot?

11. Overwatering suffocates the plant by preventing air from reaching the root hairs. No air in the roots=dead plant. You've mentioned transplanting a few times. How do you think that's going to help your overwatered plant if the roots haven't reached the edge of your container?

12. 400w is a lot for those little things. If you have a dimmable ballast dim it all the way down. Or get something like a 10 dollar 20w shop light. Don’t think that’s your issue but save money where you can.
    Overwater could be the issue. Seedlings only need like 3-4 squirts with a spray bottle a day. You want your medium to almost dry out daily at this stage.
    Good luck.

13. I typed in my problem on google and looked at other threads and someone was saying transplanting it would help, he/she didn't mention why that's when i thought i would just make a new forum, do u have any idea how i could fix this before she dies off? Also do my other seedlings look okay? They also have stopped growing as much but they still have a nice green colour too them unlike the other one. Thanks for your help!

14. I just recently got a dimmable ballast and i have cheap lights as well just when they were under them they didn't do anything at all. I will go turn my ballast right the way down but like u said that's not my issue, it will probably help in some sort of way anyway. Thanks!

15. Also i used to spray them with a bottle but i saw somewhere that that's the worst thing you can do too a seedling, is that just a load of BS cause after i saw that i started hand watering, is that where i have maybe gone wrong? Thanks again!

16. I’m not sure who says it’s bad to spray a seedling, but I have done it for a couple years now and I have never had an issue. All of my plants actually. Till they start to button up in flower. They just can’t use a bed of wet soil at this point. A few ml is more than enough. I start top feeding around week 2 when they get their third true leaves just popping out. And still in small amounts. When they sleep the roots need oxygen. No oxygen in your root bed and it messes just about every process the plant does. Respiration, nutrient uptake, even photosynthesis. Never give so much water that the plant can’t use it all up within 3-4 days max. And at that stage even less.
    But they don’t look bad. And coco dries out faster than soil. That one could just be a bad seed too. Slow down your watering a bit and I think you’ll be fine.

17. Firmly enough the one that looks bad was a free seed i got with my order! So its probably not the best of quality, also i have turned my ballast down too 250w will this be enough? (Its a hps by the way) how much should my light be from the seedlings? Thanks again for your help!

18. Should be fine. Here’s mine at 245. And it’s been at 195 most of their life. I keep my light at 20-24” for veg. More like 18 towards the flip to flower. 44FFFF1F-C63C-4473-A234-9258700DF1A3.jpeg
    There’s 8 plants in there. It’s a 4x3 tent. 2 moms and my next flower run of 6.

19. Ahhh okay thanks for that! And about the over watering situation, do u think i should just leave it for a few days and see if she gets better then? Thanks again!