Seedling look the same!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ThumbaIina, Nov 28, 2016.

1. My seedlings have looked the same like this for a couple of days! Should I move my lights higher? They are about 1.7 inches from seedling. I put my hand under the light near the plant and it's not hot please help! Total newbie question

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the 3rd image is my temp and humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Growth isn't always explosive. What kind of soil are they in? Are you providing ventilation? A soil that's to 'hot' can stunt growth, and end up burning your plants. A lack of fresh air can also slow things down

4. Your temp and humidity are OK...what's your lighting set up?

5. I have roots organic original soil, I have a vent on the top open not running, I have a little fan on the inside that I don't have on. Do you think those are contributing factors?

6. Don't forget plants also grow under the soil

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'd put the temp humidity gauge closer to the plant.

8. [​IMG]

That's the light setup I have for now. I do have a 250w MH light, but I've read that, that light can be too strong for the size of seedlings that I have.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My lights being close is ok like that then?

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's a huge pot for such a small plant. Probably rootbound. How many watts is that fixture? What color bulb do you have in? Your mh shouldn't be too strong if you start it 2'-3' away

11. Uh oh well I can put that plant into a smaller pot if it's ok? I just thought it was best to put the seedling in the final pot when using autoflowering plant. It's a blue spectrum light.

12. I have no idea what the wattage is, all I know is that it's a T5 JumpStart fluorescent light.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey sorry I don't know much about autos. There is a great thread with some auto growers who can definitely help you out.
    Click here

14. Auto flowers I've read it is best to start in final pot. Your lights are fine as is for now. Its growing slow to your eye because once setting its initial top, its throwing effort at filling your pot with roots. Vegetation will kick back in quicker when its got its roots grown out. I would switch to your MH at first signs of it stretching.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Probably a stupid question but would it be better if I had my lights on 24/7 until I turn my MH light on? Or is my 18/6 schedule ok and I just need to be patient? Thanks for the great advise

16. #17 DieselS8, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    24/0 is fine in this stage. I had mine 24/0 for first 2 weeks under 400hps, then Once they got bigger I switched them to 19/5, because I noticed once they are bigger and really vegging they need some rest. Some people say 24/0 is good all they way through because cannabis is a plant that doesn't requite darkness to grow and flower. But I think this would be more true for Auto genetics rather then Photoperiod plants.

17. Hey OP I'd suggest asking your question in that thread I posted earlier. If I'm not mistakes autos do best on 20/4 their entire life. Loki runs that thread and he has ALOT of experience with autos.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I personally run 24/0 all through veg. I grow photos though

19. #20 USSChallenger, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Ive run 24/0 in veg for years, my plants grow big and fast. Cannabis plants do not need a dark period for any other reason than inducing and maintaining flowering. Autos dont neex it for any reason. And the plant is only photosynthesising when it has light.

I start my seedlings under a 400w mh light. Those plants would grow faster if you hooked up your bigger light now.

As for your origunal question, when theyre young like this they can grow slowly, and it can be hard being patient with them!