Seedling Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AGGrower, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I have some seedinlings under a 400w MH that is about 24 inches away is this to much light for them?

2. ok so in CFL terms 100w of actual watts is acceptable for a full plant. You have like 4 times that in actual watts and about 8 times the actual lumen for a seedling. You don't feed baby people a half a pizza, right? No you feed them a little jar of carrots or whatever. It's a baby so feed it appropriately. No nutes and like 26-50w CFL is good for at least the first week. Remember it's a baby...feed appropriately!

3. Don't worry man, My seedlings went straight under my 400w MH and turned out fine. Just put your hand above them, if your hand is hot... so are the plants.:cool:

4. 2 feet away should be OK to start. After a few days start to lower the light an inch or two each day until they are as close as possible (to test, hold the back of your hand to the light at plant-top height for 30 seconds, if it's comfortable for you then it's OK for the plants).

5. Considering its cold outside I can put the light pretty close.

6. I think you will be surprised how hot these MH lights make the grow room, I certainly was.