Seedling Lighting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Opiumchild, Jul 26, 2010.

1. So i'm going to put my seedlings under a two 4' fluorescent tubes, equaling up to 80w, 4650 lumens, and at 6500k. This should be sufficient to get them going right? I'm going to have seven seedlings all lined up under the tubes

2. i think it might be enough for like a week at the most

3. try to get them as close as you can to the seedlings. Otherwise they will be stretching...

4. actually they will do fine, this is exactly what i use in my grow, grow mothers and everything under them just fine...
    i use 4' long 40w twin t8 fixtures(80w)..two fixtures on top for cloning and small vegging clones (160w) and 3 fixtures on my bottom shelf(240w total)
    not really any good for flowering but, for vegging, they actually do rather well...
    just add a second 4' fixture with 6500k's..that will grow them to about 1-1.5 feet tall..and bushy;) with a little topping/fimming and LST

5. Yeah I just wanted to have them under these lights until they can be put under my 400w HPS, so a week should be about right eh?

6. they will do fine up to 3-4 week's, i grew full blown bonsai moms under two fixtures...so your good..
    id get them 6-8" tall..then flower, they should finish at 1.5 feet