Seedling Light/Heat damage?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nvn777, Nov 18, 2019.

1. AB68587D-0DE3-4DB6-987C-CDA7DD59AD2B.png DA4C2181-6419-4380-AC31-680D6D624A68.jpeg I’m on day 7 since the seeds been in jiffy pellet and sprouted. I lightly watered and kept under the jiffy seed starter dome with a 1200w GoGreen LED about 22.5 inches from the top. Grew amazingly the first few days. I noticed it got kinda warm in there the past couple of days so I raised it to 28in about 12 hours later I notice the leaf starting to curl and a spot on the other. I then raised it to 30in just for extra precaution. I’ve had a fan going in one direction the entire time. Maybe a circulating fan? I’ve only used tap water.

Day 6 I put the jiffy pellet in a 2 quart pot. 75% Fox Farms Ocean Forest + 25% perlite. I don’t think it’s transplant shock bc I noticed the leaf to start curling very slightly before the transplant.

Ps I don’t have a thermometer yet waiting for amazon to deliver. I opened a window in the grow room to try and lower the temp. The room is 76 but inside the tent I’m guessing 80-85?

2. normally to much light stunts growth, your girls stretching towards the light indicating they need more light, id say your soil mix is not agreeing with them, I like to run led grow temps slightly warmer than hps

3. There was slight curling on the lower leaf in the first pic before the transplant. It almost felt hard when touched. I do believe the growths been stunted though. What would you suggest I do? Thanks for the reply too by the way!

4. I’ve also been going nearly 24 hours lights on for the entirety of it. One or 2 days the lights were off approx 4-6 hours bc the pups got in the room and knocked the extension cord out. Not sure if I should switch to 18 on and 6 off

5. Keep it humid with a dome until true leaves develop

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks! I’ll put a zip lock bag over it or try to find something that fits the pot. Earlier this morning when I checked it didn’t get worse but I’m not really seeing growth.

7. Ok, finally got around to checking the plant again. Looks like it’s starting to grow a bit on the leaves not so much the stem. Yes, I know I’m literally watching the plant like a hawk, but I try to be diligent. Lol

I’m guessing raising the lights, rigging the tent to have better ventilation, and cooling down the room helped.

I’m appreciating all the help!

Attached Files: