Seedling Leaves Turning Black

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rogolove, Apr 24, 2012.

1. My marijuana seedling is going on 6 days old and it's leaves have recently begun to turn black, starting from the tip and working it's way down. I'm growing using a DWC system with a 5" bubble stone powered by a 1200cc water pump. I am using Danner's Micro Nutrient formula right now until I can find some recipe's of my own. I was using one cfl with 23w but it wasn't working so I went and bought a 42w to add with it today. I'm growing in rockwool. I will post a picture of the plant as soon as I can get a good one taken to post.

2. maybe got root rot

3. Maybe it's genetics?what are you growing? A pi would help us help you.

4. i had a similar problem are the stem red? wilting a little? could be phosphorus deficiency

5. I actually think that my orginal problem was just a lack of efficient lighting, the green has started to come back to the seed leaves are it's structure looks much healthier. It could of also been recovering from all the moving around I did with it when I was originally getting my setup exactly how I wanted it.
    It's been left alone for a few days now and it's looking like it will be okay. Thanks for all your help guys, I appreciate it.

6. #6 Rogolove, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Here's a picture of the seedling because I would still like feed back on it's condition. It's seed leaves, especially the bottom one has black on it still, and it's been getting worse, the top, larger seed leaf only has black on the tip. I'm growing some p-star, an indica strain.[​IMG]