Seedling leaves are twisting HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Melocalypse, Mar 4, 2012.

1. My leaves are twisting.... first they grew straight down, then started to twist. HELP!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Type of soil? Lighting? How close to the seedlings? Temperature? How often do you water?

3. Miracle Grow-- I cant find Fox Farm....
    4 6500k CFLs about 3 inches away
    75 degrees
    Watered today for the first time since planting ( Feb 24)

I checked the Ph & its about 6.5, i know it should be a little lower, but what is the best way to lower it?

4. No water since Feb 24? 9 days...is there any drainage in your containers?

I would not worry about the pH right now, I know I chased that monkey myself but it is really not that important for young seedlings unless it is severely out of whack. 6.5 is fine for soil.

My guess at this point is that your lights might be too close, as well as the plants not having water for 9 days. I know you read that you can put CFLs really close but I found out otherwise with very young plants. I practically solarized my seedlings and they were not able to produce chlorophyll. I have three in my veg box that are still alive but are severely stunted. I should toss them but I am just nursing them along for the experience as I move on with other seedlings. The other seedlings are growing much faster with the lights about 4"-5" away.