Seedling help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by themadmanc, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hey all,
    Bout two days ago now I noticed the leaves on my seedling have started folding in on themselves. The plant itself looks healthy and is still growing every day, but can anyone suggest what this might be or is it natural. It's day 11 from seed right now.

2. [quote name='"themadmanc"']Hey all,
    Bout two days ago now I noticed the leaves on my seedling have started folding in on themselves. The plant itself looks healthy and is still growing every day, but can anyone suggest what this might be or is it natural. It's day 11 from seed right now.[/quote]

Are you referring to the cotyledons, the very first leaves that popped out?

By folding in, do you mean from side to side like a taco, or folding up or down and curling like a rams horn?

3. #3 themadmanc, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    Hey mate nah its not, it's the first set of true leaves, and it started happening when the second set of leaves started popping through. I was thinking since the second leaves are coming through its squashing the first set a tiny bit which is natural till they grow upwards not just out. If that makes sense. But I'm not sure lol.
    as you can see from the pictures (below) the leaves are also aiming up towards the light, and folding in (like a taco - joker)

4. sure they are fine.. in for pics tho for further diagnosis..

subbed..

5. fuck phones shit me. auto correct ruins everything! my reply meant to say no its the first set of true leaves that are folding, and more like a taco

6. here ya go yo!

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      244.8 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      281.1 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      337.6 KB
      Views:
  7. As long as the environment ( temps and such) is good I wouldn't worry at all. The leaves are so small that they will most likely flatten out as they grow. The pointing upwards is a sign of healthy happy plants and indicates a good level of moisture and aeration of the root zone. I say keep on trucking.

8. Should have named thread..

"Why do my plants look so damn happy"

My reply? You are doing something right!

Seriously, they look fine, when my plants are singing hallelujah tells me they are happy and ready for light...

Mine do this in bloom everyday before the lights come on, then they level out...

9. wicked :) thanks guys. Just freaked me out a little bit as she's my first baby. She's coming along well though, since this morning ive just noticed shes started 4 new tiny leaves. transplanted done so she shouldnt have too much stress here forth. Got endless amounts of worm wee to keep her nitrogen happy :)
    i'll keep ya both posted.

10. nice, holler bro... subbed..

11. #11 5oClockSumwhere, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    Good day everybody,
    First post so please forgive me if this is in the wrong area. I try to find the answers before asking, but for this question I'd much rather hear what experienced cultivators have to say.

I've germinated my seeds meticulously for the intended use in multi-site DWC. 100% of the 10 White Widow seeds I have, opened and now are in 1.5 inch RW starter plugs which have been properly adjusted for PH prior to seed placement. I have only handled the seeds as much as needed, very carefully, with clean equipment. The RW cubes are in a small biodome I bought online from Germany. They allow for aeration, and plenty of vertical height initial growth, plus correct humidity. Seeds are at recommended depth. Cubes are NOT oversaturated. Only using RO, PH adjusted water. Just curious if anyone has any idea of how long they may take to break surface. Ballpark. I'm at that "less is more" and "let them do their thing" stage. LOL. Thank you in advance to any replies.

12. 3-10 on average...

you are a geek arent you.. Its ok, cuz you know I am.. lol.

Great post..

13. [quote name='"ridge"racer']3-10 on average...

you are a geek arent you.. Its ok, cuz you know I am.. lol.

Great post..[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess so. LOL. Spent the last month doing nothing but studying, reading, and taking in "TOO MUCH" info. There is a lot of stuff out there. Different approaches, etc. Came on this site and pretty much stayed here. I figured with the time and money investment I sure as hell wasn't going to deliberately half-ass it.

Thanks again, Ridge. Catch you on the flipside.:)

14. Haha, my guy... Indeed the flip side!

holler if ya need anything..

15. Pretty sure the problem was nitrogen deficiency. The seedling hasn't grown much over the previous two days or so, started going slightly yellow in colour (all over) and with a reddish tinge to the stem. It's surprising cause I thought my soil mix would be pretty good as I took it from my veggie garden, guess those tomatoes really drained it. Anyway, a cup of worm juice and a couple of hours later and the colours returning to the leaves and the stem is browny again. To be on the safe side I got a soil ph tester and I'm running at 6.5. Taco shell leaves are also flattening but that could be from the leaves getting longer and bigger. Thanks guys :)