Seedling help with Auto

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by OutdoorGreen, Jul 1, 2019.

1. It's a sandy soil mix + compost. I believe I may have overwatered the plant today as well as noticed a concerning yellowing on the 1 leaf. The curling and yellowing has me very worried. What is everyone's thoughts?

This seedling has been having stunted growth compared to my other seedling. This seedling is approximately 1 week and 2 days old

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. put them out in the sun about an hour ago, still pretty bad looking. Hoping she dries out. Anyone think that is the problem just overwatering? Did anyone notice that yellowing I saw?

3. Over watering and probably nute burn

4. I used a royal queen seeds prep soil boost mix (pellets you mix with your soil) which lasts 12 weeks. However, the seed faced stunting. I was worried when I saw the yellowing that it could be nute burn from the fertilizer so I opted to water a lot, in hopes it could flush some of the nutrients, was that a big mistake?

5. Just let her dry out and hope for the best

6. She is wilting more and more. Perhaps time to take her out of the greenhouse and just see if she recovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. My guess is perhaps the baby roots are stunted due to the soil looking pretty compacted. I would personally carefully check the roots to see what's the holdup, then mix more perlite into the soil mixture before replanting.

8. I believe the soil is the big issue, it seems to hold way too much moisture.