Seedling has no true leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jhewitt218, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Hey everybody this is my first grow. I have one seedling that is green and healthy it's been above soil for 3 days now with no true leaves. I can see two yellow growths between the cotyledons they are very very small growths not close to a leaf. Just wondering if it's normal and I should wait it out or trash and start over. It is bagseed under 100W cfl in organic soil. Thanks for your input

2. yes it's normal. you should read a grow guide to get the basics. or a video. jorge cervantes is awesome. check out his ultimate grow if you can. youtube might work

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you. I've been reading online for the last week and all I find is the first true leaves come with the cotyledons so it just had me worried. Other than no first true leaves the seedling looks very healthy. Thanks for your quick reply I'll check the videos out!

4. Absolutely agree with above post as far as you spending the time reading some material about how to grow/tend a MJ plant with an indoor grow. It's a bit different than how we deal with normal garden plants/veggies, etc. You need very very light and arid soil with super serious drainage and you never water a plant until the container it's in can be picked up and it feels DEAD dry. If it has any weight to it at all, put it back down and go away. They also don't consume water at the same rate as a seedling that they will after they mature and develop a more powerful root system....duh...common sense there, but you'd be surprised at how many people have none. LOL But reading up on tending the plant is going to make you more confident about what you're doing as well as stress the plant less because you're constantly screwing up because you're flying by the seat of your plants. Do the work, get the correct information and the plant ends up being the benefactor of your newfound knowledge. Best of luck to you TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would be VERY suspicious of it at this point going by what you described.

For reference here is one of my 2 day old plants.

GC_Day2.jpg

6. Thanks for the reply! I spent a month reading forums and grow book before germinating this seed. Most of what I read said the true leaves should be here by now that is why I'm asking. Thank you for the reply I'm going to read more but can't find anything on true leaves! Thanks again

7. This is it

Attached Files:

8. If it was me I would already have another seed started. That is NOT normal.

9. ooh, no it's not! sorry! yeah get rid of that. disregard my last post

10. Okay guys thanks for the reply! I am germinating a new one right now I'm going to let this one grow and see what it does. It seems healthy don't know why it wouldn't get the other leaves

11. Let it grow. For God's sake give it some time and let it grow. People freaking out within the first 72 hours makes me laugh.

12. Not freaking out and if you read my last post I said i was going to let it grow. Thanks for the reply!

• Like Like x 1
  13. If the tips are even remotely green even just a lil green they will make it.... This probably had something to do with your germination process, I'm assuming it stayed in the seed to long.

How did you germinate.... Best way put seed in cup luke warm water for 12-24 hrs.... At the end of 24hrs if sinks it's good, you may have to give a nudge under the water.... Then wrap it in wet paper towel stick in a zip lock bag... Start checking every other day, should not take but couple days to be popped and ready fur the dirt.... Good luck BUDdy always remember use a good airated potted soil

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wow ...that has to be the most drawn out germination process I have seen. I place the seed between a moist paper towel in a Tuperware container and place it on top of my cable box/DVD player(left on) to keep it warm. Never has taken more than 24hrs to shoot out a tap root. To each their own though.

15. Let it grow man, check my thread I had a previous plant do that tips seem to be stuck for a week then open up an grew as normal (kinda) was cool watching it do its own thing...each to there own tho buddy

Follow my continuous outdoor grow https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1354770/

16. What are your temps during day and night light cycles? If its too low, it will severly stunt/slow growth.

Any idea on your humidity? Seedlings need high rh.

Give it a couple days while you try to correct problems with your environment (if needed) if not, i'd start over.

How ever, might be a good idea to try and work out if there is a problem, or solve any problem before starting again as the same thing COULD happen.

A picture tells a 1000 words.

Good luck

17. Hey everyone. The yellow hairs between the cotyledons went from facing up to pointing out and growing outwards so they are the leaves. I'm doing this one under 24/0 light schedule temp is 78 degrees humidity is 58%. I germinated in a cup of warm water for 24 hours then in paper towels the seed was swelled for two days before it finally popped.

18. Makes sense. The cotyledons came above soil and were laid over and all yellow the stem was even yellow. Then after being under the light for 2 hours it turned dark green and stood straight up

19. That's 99%method...I don't care what anyone thinks... I've did your method hundred of times and mine will beat yours by at least 1-2 days.... Until you've tried it don't knock it....btw I got tired having the occasional seed not making it.... When your spending $10 a seed sometimes more can't take any chances.... At least I don't like to.... And like I said I've to many times had your method take more than usual, the seed stay in the shell to long and turn yellow and start to die from inside out.... So yeah to each his own.... especially when the process takes more than 3 months I don't see how anything over day or so could feel like long and drawn out but anyways.... Not into dick swinging comps or my way this and is better than yours.....I just set back and reap my rewards.... Good luck BUDdy