Seedling Has Black Leaf Edges And Tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by the local toker, Jun 19, 2014.

1. #1 the local toker, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    So heres the situation, I am growing in soil. I water everyday with tap water left out over night to dechlorinate (due to pot size, a fan blowing right on it and a tiny heat issue I must water everyday) I gave it its first spray of nutes 2 days ago (NPK 12-4-8 ), with not really any results, bad or good. I have 4 23w 6500k cfl's and one 13w 2700k cfl for vegging. I have a small 5" fan blowing on it at minimum power (batteries close to dead so its running very slow at the moment). The water PH, RH and temps have not been recorded. It started as a seed and is an unknown strain (bagseed) and is about 10 days old from sprouting, about 14 from planting. It had pests on it previously but I gave it a dose of pesticide and havent seen another yet. Also I know there are 1 or 2 tiny hairs on the plant, but I figured it wasnt worth the trouble of trying to delicately get them off as I already quickly tried before and found it to be too hard.

So now for the problem, as youll be able to see in the picture the leaves have some white spots on them, the veins in the leaves are purple, the stem is also purple. What bothers me most now is that the edges are also turning a blackish color with some white, including on the tips of the newest growth. My guess from what i've researched, its most likely a Mg deficiency but I'd rather show a pic and let the community decide whats wrong. Any easy, quick fix methods to help heal her along with a diagnosis of whats wrong will be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. #2 the local toker, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    Seriously? How come no body can help me out with this 😦

3. #3 Vee, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    As this is bagseed, it would be difficult to offer an exact diagnose, so I'll shoot form the hip, it s not a guess but more of 'what I'd do"!
    Red stems and red leaves is an indication of poor temp controls, as the room cools down so does the plant and the nutes moving around inside of her, see the red as anthocyanin, or food coloring ..lol, or even (K) best is to maintain 25c/75f with a temp gauge,toss out that fan and get a reliable household 6-8 inch ossolating fan, this is VIP I leave links to my blog below 

Your plant is way to young to be feeding any nutes, and besides she has early nute burn, see how pale those cotyledon leaves are, so a flush is due, your soil is too hot, I would gently extract the plant wash the roots, in warm ph neutral water and replace to the same mix but with 50% perlite, and no nutes for 2-3 weeks or until you see an active recovery

Attempt to have an even balance of kelvin with your light, too blue means shorter internodes too red the internodes are to sparse and stretched.  Next time use seedling mix

http://forum.grasscity.com/blog/1093/entry-9710-three-essential-tools/

http://forum.grasscity.com/blog/1093/entry-9829-flush-baby-flush/

http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/vostok/31919-plant-breathing-blow-blow.html

4. #4 the local toker, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    Thank you so much for the reply, how do you think it'll do if I buy the new fan, transplant her into the same pot with different fresh potting soil (no perlite), got a digital PH tester and got more 2700k lights. How noticable would the change be? Im on a very tight budget so I figure temp control ill ignore for now along with the perlite as I dont even know how im going to afford the fan, PH tester and more lights. Also, if I were to keep everything the way it is now how would she turn out, could she pull through?