Seedling growth outdoors old seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NorthernPeace, Jun 2, 2009.

1. So about 10 months ago my grandfather lost his battle with lung cancer that he had been having for over 8 years. I was really upset about it, but things have gotten better. On one uplifting note, when my father and I were cleaning out his house and garage we found a small wooden box. Inside of the box was a cannabis pipe, some seeds, a clip, papers, and some ancient bud! My dad and I have only recently discovered that we both smoke, and have started smoking together, but unfortunately my dad said that he never knew my grandpa smoked. So he never ot to experience the joy of smoking with his father, like I get to enjoy with mine. The uplifting note is regarding the seeds. There were probably 30 or so seeds in the little film canister. I don't know how old the seeds were and some looked to be in poor condition. I attempted to germinate them all and 18 of them have grown into little seedlings. This is the first time I've tried to grow, but things are going well so far I think.

The biggest problem I am having so far is that the stems aren't growing straight up, but they're in direct sunlight for 8 hours a day and indirect for another 6 or 7. Some of them are on their second set of leaves and most already have one set beyond their cotyledons. Some are growing straight up but others are just growing to the side. They were planted from germination about 3 weeks ago and are anywhere from 10cm to 2 cm tall. Is this normal? should they be stunted so much?

2. they will be fine, mj depending on the strain can grow very fast or very slow, it also depends on the soil and other conditions

3. sorry to hear about your grandfather, i recently lost mine to a heart attack. your grow seems fine just keep an eye on them and as soon as they sex remove the males and you should be good

4. i really feel for ya man, and for ur plants, just try to get a support, there are some you can buy at the store or u can get creative and make your own, and when your plants are finally ready to smoke you can call it grandaddy kush in his memory

5. I have actually found that the growth of plants grown from old seeds can be very slow, with a high fatality rate. Sorry.