Seedling/ germination box temperature

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by berner, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Have a crude box set up which I've cobbled together to get my seedlings started while I wait till later on in the week to throw together a ninja stealth rig.

It's got a passive intake in the bottom and a pc fan behind the 2 regular 23w cfl lights, while just checking on the seedlings, put my hand under lights to check the radiant heat there seems to be little heat in there but a lot of light.

Q1: fair bit of light coming off, at veg colour temp as they're auto's this is good?

Q2: turning the fan off causes quite a bit of heat build up, which I'm sure would fry my plants, should I add another bulb to bring the heat up?  

My main problem I've had in the past has been to mess about with plants too much, with it being a weed, I'm sure it's fine doing it's own thing, people would pay money to be able to kill weeds in gardening haha, but sure as' I'll nail them when I actually want to do a good job of growing a weed.

Cooling/ temp management seems to be I either bake them or it's like a fridge :S

2. 1) What?
    2) WHAT?

3. smaller fan, more light. just gonna try that, 

4. #4 GoldGrower, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    I have no idea what those two questions mean, but you want the seedlings around 25℃ . If it's too cold then adding more lights to warm it up is a good idea 

Btw, it's not a weed if you are purposely growing it. The definition of a weed is simply a plant growing out of place. It's like grass growing on a lawn is not a weed, but grass growing on a patio is a weed 

5. #5 killset, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    Q1 huh?
    Q2 if turning if the fan causes heat build up, don't turn off the fan. Your solution of smaller fan and more light makes no sense. Seedlings don't need much light but eventually soon they will. And you'll probably need more airflow