seedling flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by winkless, Feb 10, 2011.

1. i just have a seedling that just broke the soil and its on a 24/0 light schedule Saturday i will have a timer and plan on changing over to 18/6 will this cause my seedling to flower? thanks in advance +rep for good answers. :smoke:

2. Your plant needs to be mature before it will flower. a 12/12 light schedule will trigger your plant to flower. 18/6 will be perfect for your vegetative growth

3. Oh, Thank You for your quick reply and valuable tips...

4. Oh blutis! Your advice is right on..The avatar cracked me up though! Oh Deacon..:smoke:

I didn't realize it was you and just saw the avatar so I wasn't expecting to read good advice.. :DI'll have to look more closely next time haha..

5. Ya, hes starting to grow on me...currently he is living in my garage...I have to get him out of there because hes chewing the cables on my Harley...lol:eek: Maybe I'll clean out a closet to put him in...Its cold up here in the North...and he dont were much cloths;)

6. switching from 24/0 -> 18/6 wont change anything

evil :smoke:

7. Not true... you can manipulate your plants lighting to make it go into flowering at any tike. Ever wonder how people grow in a PC tower, a lot of them veg for 2 weeks and then switch to flower at the end height its only like 20 inches(wouldn't be considered mature) seed to harvest in around 50 days. There are certain types such as autoflower strains that don't need the light to dark ratio to change to flower. As for the main question as long as you don't put.your lights on 12/12 they shouldn't flower.

8. You are correct but most growers will let the plant mature before forcing flower because yields will suffer

9. and if you force that early Im sure I read somewhere that it can turn hermie

10. #10 LBGrowing, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    It's not that if you force to flower that makes hermies at least to my knowledge its either genetics or light stress meaning you turn the lights on while its supposed to be dark.

As for the yield suffering yes it will decrease but if you don't have the room to grow then you need to keep the plants under a certain height yes? So when you veg and switch to flower early the plant will at least double or triple in size like normal but will be at a small stature and if I recall you said something along the lines of your plant NEEDS to mature before you can flower not whether yields would suffer.

11. Its an auto flower and the op hasn't mentioned anything about the size of their op so telling them how to get a smaller harvest kinda would defeat the purpose..

An auto flower can go all the way through flower on 18/6 which is why 12/12 doesn't matter.. With autos you already have a loss of bud so I'm not sure why you would want it to flower so quickly to lose even more bud..

If the op says they have a pc grow then understandable, but without asking them about it first everything else is speculation because every setup is different..

And the heighth has nothing to do with how mature the plant is.. It is all in the preflowers..

There is no switch to flower with an auto because the girl does it all herself.. Usually when the roots hit the bottom of the pot for smaller pots so bigger pot will equal a bigger girl depending on when it will switch itself to flower..

And as for being mature.. Your girl does need to be mature before she will make the switch.. For autos they choose it all for themselves..

For reg seeds even if you put strains from seed straight into flower you will still be waiting on the strain to develop its preflowers which sometimes can take weeks.. If you left it in vegg for that time your girl would have better growth and be bigger by the time the switch is made..

Also for some strains I have heard that putting them in too early can stress them out/hermie, but I haven't experienced that quite yet..:smoke:

12. Where is auto flower mentioned I have yet to see it, so you telling us about autos is irrelevant. Also I was not telling him how to get a smaller harvest I was just explaining with an example of how the lights affect non auto flowering strains and make them switch to flowering. My example just happened to be a pc grow because they have to keep the plants very small and since his is only a seedling I figured it was more similar than a full scale grow with trees.

Irrelevant info ^

I see the maturity of the plant as height and age that's just how I see it. Everyone entitles to their own opinions and preferences though so to each his own.

13. I dont mean to be rude, or do I...The question was answered yesterday...You reposting arguments to get your name on the boards is growing old. Look at a few of our threads and decide for yourself if we need a 12 post noobie arguing pointless disagreements.:(

14. #14 samson32, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011

Haha I combined two newbie seed posts into one.. The auto was a different thread apparently.. Regardless though the info I posted on reg seeds is still correct..

You are right to each his own.. If you think that the heighth and age is your choice for maturity go ahead.. Still gotta wait on those sex pistils and for that you still need to wait on those preflowers.. :smoke:

I'm agreeing with Blutis.. His answer was right on for the question at hand..

To the op if you want to have a place where you can post pics or questions anytime feel free to drop by the journal link in my sig.. A lot of good growers with a lot of help to give.. See ya around the boards:wave:

15. why you quarreling both of you?
    Thank you all for help me out of a danger...
    and special thanks to blutis. :hello: