Seedling Dying Need Help

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Mr.StonedSquirrel, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Ok, so I planted a germinated seed in a 16 oz solo cup with a hole in the bottom for drainage, I use miracle grow vegetable and flower or something. The plant is bagseed and is now 2 weeks old and is very small. It has two fan leaves and two rounded ones and is growing two more fan leaves. The tips of the first two fan leaves and most of the rounded leaves are brown and crispy. I think it's miracle grow that is burning the leaves. I'm using 4 cfl's 67 watts total and a computer fan for outtake and passive intake. I just bought Jiffy Organic Seed Starting Mix, and I'm wondering if I can transplant the seedling in the new soil. Will it even help, or is there nothing I can do for the seedling. when the plant was five days old it had no burns or anything it looked healthy, but I left for a 8 day vacation so the plant went 8 days without water. When I came back that's when I first noticed the burns. The plant is now 15 days old, and is growing very slowly it's only about 1.5 inches tall. Any help or advice is appreciated.

2. Wasup man, yea miracle grow some times burns little seedlings i learnd that some plants take nutes better than others mg soil comes pre fertilized but I've grown with it without 1 single prob a couple times. yea transplant asap might b shocked for a while but u can still save a young seedling,mg soil sometimes is too high in nitrogen for some young seedlings in they get nute burned.good luck

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app