Seedling drooping towards the end of the light cycle

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Maker, Apr 23, 2020.

1. I had my seedling on 12/12 light cycle untill two days ago and changed it to 18/6 and after that I noticed dropping. Dropping gets worse as the day goes on but rebounds in the dark. Is this drooping from the light schedule change or from something else? Cut back on watering once I noticed drooping, but still getting very similar drooping. Thank you for all the help in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Picture is from the first night of drooping. Here is an updated picture from today.

Attached Files:

3. Keep on 18/6 for a week. Give more information about your grow setup

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Medium:
    Coco Coir
    Nutrients:
    General Hydroponics Trio and CaliMagic at 1/4 strength
    Lights:
    VIPARSPECTRA 300 Watts x 2
    Tent:
    2x2x6 with two plants
    Watering:
    Twice a day in a small circle around the plant. About 20ml. Currently in 3 gallon smart pot.
    Temperature:
    75-78 day time, 70-72 night time.
    Humidity:
    Stays between 40-55%

5. #5 Maker, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Medium:
    Coco Coir
    Nutrients:
    General Hydroponics Trio and CaliMagic at 1/4 strength
    Lights:
    VIPARSPECTRA 300 Watts x 2
    Tent:
    2x2x6 with two plants
    Watering:
    Twice a day in a small circle around the plant. About 20ml. Currently in 3 gallon smart pot. pH is 6.0 on water mixture.
    Temperature:
    75-78 day time, 70-72 night time.
    Humidity:
    Stays between 40-55%

6. She looks little thirsty, so try to water halo ring and little in the middle.

7. Leaves are still heavy and have no signs of wilting. The white powder on the leaves is from the humidifier ( hard water 7.7 pH normally )

8. She looks really upset and I see coco dry.

9. Okay, approximately how much water would you suggest using in the halo around the plant?

10. How old is she now ?

11. Just about two weeks

12. If I was you I will water it around 70-100ml.

13. Coco has to be watered frequently I hear

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thank you for the advice. I believe you are correct about the under watering. I didn't up my water with the growth. I had reached out to a friend yesterday about what was going on and he said to hold off on the water. I think he assumed i was over watering. You suggesting 70-100ml that leads me to believe that i for sure was under watering. I have been only giving around 15ml twice a day recently. The dropping tonight is worse than the last two and I held back on the second watering today.

15. Keep us posted

16. They get ready to go to sleep after a long day In The sun. 15/70/100 ml is a ridiculously low figure...

17. I agree, I have overpotted so I am having to water much less closer to the plant until it gets a decent size. Gave the water last night and all the leaves but the bottom ones have perked back up to normal.