Seedling dieing! Leaves drooping stem falling over :*(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by letitgrow13, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hey guys,
    The leaves on my plant are drooping really bad and its getting worse as the day goes on. I have a string attached to hold it up. The leaves are still green though just saggy. I think it might just be overwatered but whats really scaring me is that it might not just be that. Yesterday the pot its in fell over just for a second and I picked it right back up. I don't remember the roots going out of the pot at all. Just some of the soil on the top (it did fall over 90+ degrees though). I think the rest stayed down because I watered it before it fell. I had a horrible day yesterday and am really sad. Before when I watered and sprayed it was sagging down so I don't know if it was sagging down from to much water or since it fell over. To be honest I really think I watered it a lot.
    So is there anything I can do to help it? Im mad because this would be my second fail and these seeds are not cheap...at all (Almost 100 for all 5 seeds I ordered! With shipping + stealth)
    I have a pdf calender I mark every day to keep track of what I do I will upload it alone with the pictures at the bottom so if you would like to look at it that would be great. If more pictures are needed please let me know.

Info:
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? - Soil
    What brand and type of soil? - Fox Farms Ocean Forest
    Indoors or outdoors? - Outdoors (window sill for now)
    What strain? - Lowryder Easy Ryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47
    How old are the plants? - Exactly 3 weeks old from seed
    What type of lights and how many watts? - N/A
    How far from the lights? - N/A
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? - Mostly every other day from tap water
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? - Just a pinch of Jobe's Organic Granular Fast Start Fertilizer and I put the pinch in exactly one week from seed germination. 4-4-2
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? - N/A
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? -N/A (outdoors) Temp is usually around 85 and varies here. But I don't think thats the problem at all.
    What size pots? - Big jiffy pot
    Any bugs? Look real close. - These really really tiny bugs but I only saw one or two and haven't seen anymore since.
    Any other pertinent info? - Im sad :(

Thank you so much whoever can help me! :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Howdy there! Looks like you are killing her with too much watering and food. Misting is a bad thing to do IMO unless you are applying some treatment.

You should go at least 3 days or so between waterings at this stage, especially in soil. Lift the container to determine if watering is needed. Soil is heavy when wet, and light when dry. Water when light.

The plant doesn't start feeding until 2 weeks or so after breaking ground (when the 3rd set of leaves open up). The soil can feed it for 3 or 4 weeks after that, so you shouldn't even think of feeding for the first month or so.

If you have some bagseeds you might try that before using another good seed. Tomato seeds are cheap and a great way to get a practice run in.

However 3rd time is a charm, right? :)

Your best bet is to leave this plant alone for 3 or 4 days. If she perks up, you may be OK. Good luck!

3. Ah man :( and the plant looked great until then. I really do hope it perks up! I hope it does because its getting late in the season and I want to grow outdoors.
    Thanks for the response and tips :D I wont water until it perks up hopefully.

4. She looks recoverable my friend ;) Got my fingers crossed for ya!

5. Thank you AskEd :D:D:D:D:smoking: