Seedling DEATH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by UnmovingDeer, Sep 2, 2008.

1. i have been trying to get my stealth grow going for nearly 2 months now....15 dead bag seedlings later im stumped... this is the process ive been using

24 hr soak in warm water on top of the fridge.

2 days or till sprout in a moist paper towel in an empty/clean chinese food tray

1 week in the rockwool in a chinese food container (black bottom clear top decent for humidity)

this is where things go south

i have been moving the rockwool to hydro tub into hydroton grow media/fresh mountain spring water

there i keep them under a 105w 6500k CFL about 1.5ft away in 16/8 cycle

it is here that the seedlings die they tend to dry up over night or turn yellow/brown over a few days and die

how deep into the hyrdoton should i stick the rock wool....should it be submerged in water? just barely in it or not at all....

any suggestions to keeping the humidity up...i have tried a cellophane cover and the seedling in there lasted about a week longer than the rest than died

im looking for any help or suggestions here

picks of my last seedling and the setup i have

Attached Files:

2. What are you're temps? PH? Are you feeding? Are you soaking the rockwool and pebbles first?

3. #3 UnmovingDeer, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
    its about 75-82 degrees

6.2 PH

not feeding yet

pebbles rinsed and soaked

rockwool was not conditioned...but soaked for about an hour before germed seed was stuck in

P.S. they are shwag seeds so i dont know how that affects grow strenght but i do have some Nirvana Bubblicious but i wanted to get some experience before i used seeds i spent money on

4. Get you're PH down to 5.5 then soak the rock wool in this over night. Then check the ph of that water and if it is above 6 do it again untill the ph does not change.

I to killed countless plants by not properly soaking the rockwool. As for you're cubes positioning it seems fine.

One thing I do differently though is as soon as the seed pops it goes in the cube in the BB and the BB will keep it moist.

Peace

5. cool, thanks for the advice mels

looks like another trip to the Hydrostore then :)

6. Hell no re-use! LOL I re-use all of my hydrotron just wash it well, I boil it, then do what I said above I have never had a problem!

Peace

7. oh sweet thats good to know

but still need more rockwool cubes and some Mylar to cover the inside