Seedling Day 21, stunted growth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KansasLBDR13, Apr 22, 2017.

1. This is my first grow, starting out amongst my indoor garden of tomatoes and others. Just wanted some quick opinions on this one seedling. Started from seed, broke soil on March 31st, watered for the first time on April 6th, watered again April 12th, then once more April 15th, it is now April 22 and I feel like it should be more lush and vigor in the growth. Temp stays only between 68F-72F with RH at 50-65 percent. Grow room is located around central heat/cooling. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. 1st off cannabis is not like a tomato plant..Your soil looks too compacted (drainage holes+ more Perlite)
    For starters, translucent cups are BAD for roots which require both oxygen and TOTAL darkness.
    Do not water so much by days but water when plants need it (lift pot and see if it feels lite). Soil will be dry knuckle deep, when water is needed. Cannabis needs a dry cycle as well for development. Hope this helps + read info at growweedeasy.***
    Good luck w/your grows.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thankyou so much!! So at this point would you recommend transplanting into more aerated soil? Or should it be more of waiting for the cannabis plants current soil to dry out?

4. #4 Buzzer777, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    For the time being, do not transplant..you can just cover up the translucent cups w/ some light proof material..Tin foil will work but ONLY for this...otherwise do not use tin foil..If you do decide to transplant to improve conditions, I advise keeping the soil moist (not wet) to keep the soil around the existing roots, being careful not to disturb them...If you can, do it in a darkened area. Have the new containers at the ready and do moisten the new soil...
    If you wish, PM me for more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've always experienced a glacial pace from seedlings; tendency to overwater in earliest stage has me steering clear of solo cups for starting. This puts my germinated seeds into eight inch pots with a shit load of holes drilled in the bottom to negate my heavy hand.
    Using @6500k CFLs (3 x 23 watts) for each veg station to try to keep node spacing tight and focus on root growth.
    IMAG0084.JPG
    My two month routine features an upgrade to 3 gal with topping after fifth node and aggressive LST to promote as many viable mains as possbile before the flip.
    IMAG0061.JPG IMAG0062.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. My guess is it's the soil you're using that has burned your plants. These bagged soils we buy at the box store are loaded to the hilt with chemicals because they have lowered the quality of the soil "base" to basically worthless. It does not matter how many days it takes, but you always let the plant dry out completely before giving more water. Just leave it alone, continue to water in that manner and it will be alright. It'll take it several days to overcome the stress of the nute burn, but if you'll leave it alone and continue to let it dry out well between watering episodes, it will recover. You need a more arid soil mix than what you're growing in for this plant. Growing MJ is a bit different than growing tomatoes, etc., because MJ HATES it's roots sitting in wet soil. With veggies, we're always pouring that water on the plant. Doesn't work that way for MJ. You water, let it dry out to nearly DEAD dry regardless of how many days, weeks or months that takes, and then you water again. Know right now that "nutes" do not grow plants....they FEED plants. SUN/LIGHT grows plants. So if you want the best harvest possible off your plant, get it the best light possible. The further away the light source is with an indoor grow, the less effect your plants get from it. Bring light and plant closer together as it looks like yours is stretching for light. If I were you, I would find a reliable source and read up on how to care for a MJ plant from seedling on, what kind of soil mix it should be planted in, etc. You need to know the very basics of tending the plant. Wait until you know for darn sure there is enough hours of light (well over 12) before you put it outside or it will start to bud. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I appreciate that. I'm using Black Gold organic soil, I amended it with vermiculite and perlite but I was jumping the gun on watering I have a seedling right around 5 days old that is great and growing at an amazing rate (especially for the lower temps compared to what I see a lot of growers stick to) I plan to take in this advice and use it going forward on the newer seedling especially, in order to have optimum grow. At what size or time of year does one recommend transplanting to outdoors? You mention cannabis is nothing like tomatoes and other veggies, so I'm assuming it's later than the typical "last frost". Just curious is all, again thanks to both you guys for the guidance, it's just a learning experience from
    Here