Seedling constantly yellow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Knoxer, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Hey everyone!

So this is my second indoor grow and first time using soil indoors, but this was originally a hydro plant. The strain is White Widow crossed with Big Bud. Originally this girl was growing in hydro, but for some reason it was always yellowing and around 2 and a half weeks in it completely stopped growing altogether and seemed to be on the verge of dying. So in an effort to save her I switched her to the soil mix I'm using for my outdoor girls. The thing is she is still rather yellow and I have no idea what the issue could be. The soil I'm using has NPK ratios of 22-12-12 and is mixed 3-1 with some humus, on the bag it says this is good for feeding up-to 3-4 months.

I'm a bit afraid to add nutes to the soil so soon but if required I could really use help on how much to put into it. Currently have on hand General Hydroponics flora series nutes which I've read works rather well for feeding soil grows. I'm using a 400watt bulb at 50% power and have the light about 1 foot away from the plant. She gets water every other day since the soil dries fast under my light and I haven't had any wilting so far.

Attached below is a picture of her. She's just constantly been giving me issues, and since my first grow I've had 4 other seeds just not sprout or die on the second day and I don't want to lose this one. It's been almost 2 weeks since I moved her from hydro to soil and after the change she seemed to love it, but is back to her yellowing ways. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Oh and pH is around 6.8 before anyone asks.

Attached Files:

2. she does look hungry, but i'm not positive because that transplant can take a toll. roots grown in hydro develop completely different than those of soil. could still be recovering. try 1/8 strength every 2-3 waterings. watering only when soil is dry 1-2 inches below soil. this makes the roots grow stronger. also you will have to take her out of that cup soon or it will just shock her again. could already be root bound

3. I'm planning on moving all of my plants to their 4 gallon pots this Friday. I'll try the 1/8th dosage when I water her next, just gave her some today.