Seedling, 10 days after germination (pics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by taylor3205, May 15, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Germinated 4, 3 sprouted, 2 died and this is the one thats left. Dont know why two died as they were gettting same amount of light/water as this one. It is now 10 days old, does it look ok? The two smaller leaves have a yellowish tint, is this normal?

Im using 250w MH lamp, extractor fan etc Temps about 80f and humidity about 50. Watering them everyday as they seem to dry out over night and are bone dry by the next day.

When should I look at replanting this one to a bigger pot??

2. I belive you shouldnt water them for atleast the first 8-10 days makes them strive for it and grow faster??

3. Mine is exactly like this guys plant, except it's limp, is that a problem?

4. Yellowing is lack of nitrogen. Adjust your water's pH to 7.

5. What's your soil? Also, 6.5-6.8 is optimum pH for soil. pH could most definitely be a problem. And that light might be a little too hot if it's too close. GL

6. Im willing to bet the others died because the soil did get to dry. Most people use fluorescent lights after germination and wait till 10 days or so to put under MH lamps. I, on the other hand, used my 400w MH lamp after germination. You probably forgot to create a humid enviorment by placing a bag over the pot, allowing the soil to stay moist. I germinated 20 or so and left 5 outside of my jiffy container because there wasnt enough room. All 5 didnt make it, and the ones that started off in the jiffy pot are thriving. Im now with 13 plants all at 12 days since they sprouted. Next time remember to use a container with a clear lid, or place a bag loosely over the pot to keep humidity up so you dont have to water and drown them.

7. yea keep seedlings in a clear saran wrap tent for the first 5 or so days above ground. They still get a considerable amount of light (most light spectrums easilys pass through saran wrap)

theyll grow fine and the soil and stems will stay moist and healthy. I didnt do this on my last 10 and only 6 made it as opposed to 20/20 on my first and the 6 arent doin nearly as well