seedleSs banned from schools?

Discussion in 'General' started by locc 2ThA brain, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Well, I'm a senior in high school and today I got dresscoded today for wearing a really nice and warm seedleSs sweatshirt. I go to a public high school and my teacher said I couldn't wear it because it promotes "drug use," but in no way does the sweatshirt have any reference to weed on it, I mean yea seedleSs is a brand very much associated with weed smoking, but I want to know if it can actually be banned or not..

Oh and of course I fought her for a while over the issue, but in the end I gave up because I was over them bringing me into the office, calling my parents up bla bla...

2. I would just let it go. If you continue to argue, you might win, but chances are you won't, and you will lose any respect that they have for you. This reminds me of the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" thing in Alaska. Eventually, the school won.

3. Jesus still needs your bong hits though

4. #4 Jaded, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
    someone should fill me in on the bong hits for jesus in alaska. :)

i'd probably fight it.
    not saying it's the right thing to do... just sayin', that's what i'd do.
    principal once told me some bullshit that i knew wasn't true, so i contacted the ministry of education.
    i was right, principal was wrong. he tried to play it off like i had just misunderstood, and i just agreed that i may have misunderstood. :rolleyes:
    no idea what these sweaters you speak of are, though.
    picture? link?

crap. totally didn't even answer your question. *sigh*
    another useless post by me.

i'd suggest reading over your school's dress code.
    if you read it and still don't think it's in violation, tell them to show you specifically how it is in violation.

or just don't wear that sweatshirt to school anymore.

5. Morse v. Frederick

6. I know, right

7. Zero Tolerance Policies in schools go years back, amigo.

Hell, when I was in High School they confiscated a Grateful Dead Skull T-Shirt from me because the skull was considered 'violent' and 'gang related' and the Grateful Dead stood for 'drug abuse' and, and I quote, 'encouragement of social anarchy and the useless beatnik culture of the sixties'.

The fucking Grateful Dead!

:rolleyes:

8. dude the guy got paid 45k... i think he is the winner

9. so seedless isn't a reference to weed?

10. Fight it! It doesnt say SMOKE MARIJUANA!

Shit for all they know it could be refering to Watermelons.

Fight it.

11. no. marijuana isn't the only thing that can contain seeds.
    maybe dude just wants to promote seedless fruit.

i probably wouldn't have caught the correlation myself if it wasn't pointed out to me. when i hear 'seedless' i think watermelon, grapes, etc. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Do you need teacher recomendations for college?
    Do you have decent grades?
    Do you get in trouble a lot?

No, yes, no....... then fight it for sure.