Seedings Transplant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by obscenegrace, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I had a little trouble this year with germination for some reason. So after a few failed attempts, I got frustrated and put several seeds into this little plastic starter thinking I would transplant them to 1-2 gals as soon as possible. But now I'm wondering when they will be big enough to safely transplant and yet I'm worried about them overgrowing this small container and getting stressed. There's really just an iddy biddy amount of soil in these things.

What kind of growth should there be before I should think about transplanting?

thanks!

[​IMG]

2. #2 BROWNTOWN, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    u would b suprised how big a plant can gaet in very little soil.Look at the bottom if theres roots shootin out everywhere then yeah there ready.I'd bury them up to the leaves the stem will root.from the looks of em i'd wait a bit another set er so,think roots not growth

3. #3 obscenegrace, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    Oh and I guess now is a good a time as any to show off the some that I started in Dixie cups the first week of May and transplanted last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. well looks like you got the idea just fine to me;)

5. Thanks man. I germinated those above in Solo cups and they turned out great. Thanks for the advice too about transplanting the seedlings. I 'll be ion the look out for those roots trying to creep out the bottom.

peace:smoking: