Seedbank Doubts? Kinda Urgent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Acid Man, Jun 16, 2014.

1. IM on a tight schedule as it is but I just received my seeds today,
    3 pakistan ryders , and they were in little ziplock bag rather than a World of Seeds packet,
    do you think that the seeds I got are just some ones that were lying around and thrown in a bag?
    would there be a way that a seedbank may buy seeds in bulk so that they would have to send the seeds in ziplock bags?
    if they arent the specific seeds i  ordered ill need to order again because i specifically picked and very small and fast growing auto strain

2. if you requested a stealth shipping method, this is part of it.

not really stealthy to have a giant seedbank ad, trying to get thru customs

3. yeah I payed extra for discreet ,,
    thank you for clearing that up I thought I had been duped when I first open the packet
    oh and thanks for notifying of the duplicate

4. oh and rather me making another a thread: Ive began germination an hour or so ago using the shotglass method , the seed still hasnt sank but it looks very healthy... do you think there is stilla chance of it germing even though its floating ?

5. #5 TheAnswer121, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    i believe when it sinks is when it's ready to be planted. don't know for sure though

i put mine directly into my medium. just let em do their thing

Attached Files:

6. Leave it in the shot glass for 24 hours, it should be sunk by then. If it's still floating after 24 hours, it might not be a viable seed.

Check out my auto grow http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1306901-blazemans-indoor-auto-grow.html?forceDownload=1&_k=fa013142b86a0423f9885328145d7fcc

7. #7 Acid Man, Jun 16, 2014
    was considering doing this but was worried that it might not work, Im growing in soil.
    I think what I might do is after 12 hours of soaking in the glass I will plant it and have it under 24/0 with a plastic bag humidity dome,
    sound good? or should I just wait till it germs?

8. I have had great success soaking for 8-12 hours and then planting in soil. Any seeds that are viable will sprout in 3 days 4 at the most. I recommend a seed starter heat mat and a wicking self watering system (you can buy these or DIY). The main mistakes by people when trying to sprout seeds are over / under watering and medium temps too cold or hot. A humidity dome is not necessary at all.

9. That's all well and good mate but you still won't know if the seed is viable. I always leave my seeds in a shotglass for 24-48 hours until they start cracking, then onto wet paper towels for 24 hours, by then the taproot should be showing, then straight into the soil.
    But I grow autos, which are a little bit harder to germ, but I'd definitely leave the seed in the water for 24 hours before potting it.

Check out my auto grow http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1306901-blazemans-indoor-auto-grow.html?forceDownload=1&_k=fa013142b86a0423f9885328145d7fcc

10. #10 Acid Man, Jun 16, 2014
    ok gotcha will do that so,,
    however the humidity dome helps the medium from drying out too quickly , are there any disadvantages to it?

11. not too worried that seed isnt viable yet because its barely been an hour and as you mentioned it can take a few for it to sink, ,
    if its still floating after 12 ill leave it 24,
    im more worried i will damage the seed if I wait till the taproot is visible, happened to me before with a bagseed.

12. I have planted them before they sank... My feelings are if a seed is viable it will sprout whether you plant immediately, soak and then plant, or use the paper towel method. I would much rather have it pop in the soil and not handle it after it has opened.
    This last time I soaked for 12 hours and all of them sank and then all sprouted. The time before that I soaked for 24 hours and they all sank and 3/4 sprouted. The time before that I soaked for 4 hours none sank and 3/4 sprouted. This was using 75% freebie seeds from Attitude. So out of the last batch of seeds I ordered so far 10/12 have germed by just planting and LITFA.

13. most of the time i have to make mine sink after 12hrs..i just poke it with something and they always sink...never had one not pop and i do 3yr old attitude freebies sometimes