Seed wont germinate...HELP!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BetterThanTheHarvest, Mar 24, 2018.

1. hey everybody, i set up everything ready to grow, i mean everything! i bought auto tutankhamon seeds from a local growshop and i was expecting it to germinate fast.. i germinated it 3/20 it's been 4 days and nothin not a sign of a root my rock wool crumbled trying to get the seed back up so i switched to put it in 2 wet paper towels im misting it in a propagation kit but ,,,NOTHING, any advice please this seed costed me 10 bucks!

2. probably dead , i dont wanna sound funny but people try to put too much effort into making a seed germ.

i take my seed out of the packet , put in small pot with coco. keep it moist for a few days and like magic you have a plant.

most errors from new growers is by over doing everything. in nature it drops from the plant and lands onto of the soil....it still manages to grow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I use Rapid Rooters with near 100% success.
    459c097f-2a2e-4f90-b6e3-460d3d0c66a4_1_c9f9ac6a9b55b9a1cfb300bd3dbc2eb2.jpg

4. With a 4-6 month long grow process it's beyond me why people are so impatient with their seeds as to try to speed things up a day or two. Like Sykesy89 says, people put too much effort into making a seed germinate.

5. I throw mine in a shot glass of warm water one drop of hydrogen peroxide and put it in a dark cupboard seed cracks within 12 hours usually. Next paper towel with warm water after that stuffed into a open ziplock back to cupboard next day dirt under cfl for 2 days. Never had a problem.

6. Depending on the grower's preference, I use a paper towel. Moisten it (not to soaking wet, just moist) put the seed in it, fold it up and stick it in a plastic sandwich bag, I don't seal it, but keep it opened, put it on top of the Dish (satellite service) box with a light piece of cardboard over it and 2 days later I have a tail.

• Like Like x 1