seed/strain collectors thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by maverick45710, Dec 17, 2018.

1. #1 maverick45710, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    i have been buying more seeds than i could possibly use lately, so i have now turned in to a seed collector. i take advantage of all the monthly promos and BOGO deals i find at my favorite seedbanks. i like having a good selection when it comes time to start a new crop but i am afraid many will get old before i use them. anyone else have this problem? if so feel free to tell us about your collection or PM me!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Man I have some Mephisto Deez Nugs harvested and have found about ten seeds so far! They’re an f1 so this is common apparently for them to self seed...

The best seeds are free. And these are Mephisto free. Awesome haha. 593FBC12-6579-4020-9862-A39D810C1417.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. i found about 10 seeds while trimming my last crop of 3lb/12 plants of assorted strains. 99.99% of it was seedless but just a few random seeds. i only found like 10 open pollen sacks that were "inside" the buds. i could just see the tips of the yellow prongs in the nugs as i was trimming. avg maybe one or two per plant. would these be considered hermie seeds or female seeds?

4. The yellow sacks are bananas, sometimes a female will grow them as a last resort to pollinate.

Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. They’re feminized auto seeds. For sure. Not a hermie just throwing off a few last ditch effort seeds.

6. so will those seeds produce female plants like a fem seed or will they be hermies? i have always wondered about that! i have got a few seeds like this before but never had the courage to use them. Oh and a little background, i grow from fem seeds 99% of the time. (no space for clones right now) i have a 5' x 7' grow space using fox farm soil in 3 gal buckets and FF nutes. i have 3 x 600 watt hps lights over 12 to 15 plants at one time. i use filtered water with Calmagic added and i feed grow big/tiger bloom about every 5 days between watering. temps stay between 70 to 80 at all times. very simple set-up but it has worked well for me for the past 5yr. avg is 3lb every 10 weeks.

7. 99.9% chance they’re female

8. sweet! so you dont think they will have any hermie genes? i had three different kinds of plants in that group, all were very good! super skunk, glueberry OG and skywalker kush. any cross of those will be fine by me.

9. i may use these seeds after-all. the last ones i got under these same circumstances, i just gave away to my outdoor buddies. i need to find me a tester for these! lol!

10. No. I think if I’m not mistaken it’s an F2. If you get more seeds F3 from that, and so on. I THINK. Don’t quote me. Just know if you bought feminized seeds, and your end product threw off a handful, they’re damn good to go from my understanding.

I pray I get more seeds. A 6 pack of Mephisto Deez Nugs is 30 USD plus ten shipping. I’ve found atleast ten so far, and have PLENTY of smokable product left. Bring on the handful of seeds. I love it. I’ve found a few more seed pods already on my other deez nugs that haven’t ripened.

If you’re looking to get seeds naturally, check out “f1” strains. These aren’t stable and will often throw off a few seeds. Mephisto in particular has a lot of f1s

Not to mention this strain is DANK and I was sad I didn’t have any more to grow.... do now. Ha!

• Like Like x 1
  11. the Mephisto are regular or fem seeds?

12. i had just assumed they were a result of a hermie gene and would only produce more hermie's. i have another 30 or so strains that i have bought from UK seedbanks, but i would love to reproduce my last crop. i had 2 plants that had 5+ ozs each and that was with only 5 weeks veg. they were very nice plants! most of the fem seeds i buy are $8 to $15 each so getting a 10 pack for free is awesome! especially when it is proven genetics. i wish i knew which plants crossed, but oh well!

13. None necessarily crossed. In fact, u less you had a big male in the tent, it’s likely straight genetics of the plant it came from. Germ and be proud you grew those seeds!

I’ve found 15 deez nugs seeds so far! That’s a hundred bucks worth of seeds all day!

If you’re getting seeds without a male, the strain is likely unstable. Which isn’t bad!! Free seeds! From what I gather the later generations of seeds get better. So hold those seeds dear and grow them out!

14. They’re fem.

Grow 5 plants of theirs out and I guarantee you get twice that in seeds. I’ve found a few off every Mephisto plant I have. They’re all f1.

Their later generations don’t often produce seeds.

15. because they get more "stable" as each generation goes by? where do you get your Mephisto seeds? i have bought from alibongo a few times but i do most of my business with the attitude.

16. i checked the attitude to see what strains are available by Mephisto. they have a good selection but most are $80+ per 6-pack. a little on the pricey side if you consider all the other breeders they have for less money. Barneys, G13, Nirvana, TH seed, DNA, Paradise, Seedsman etc. i like all of those breeders and they are a little cheaper. But do not get me wrong, i do not mind paying for good genetics!

17. Can’t wait to win another grower over with Mephisto lol.

Order directly. Their “one” packs come with two. “Three” come with five. “Five” come with seven. They also always include 2-6 freebies. Ten dollar flat rate shipping. To the US, from the US.

It comes out to under 5 bucks a seed once you get your order vs what the site says you’re paying for.

18. i guess the Attitude shows 7 seeds are $76 & $88 depending on which one you get. they have some very "Dank" looking strains though! the skystomper, sour crack & sour stomper all caught my eye. i will check out the Mephisto website. the reason i do not order from domestic banks is that most do not have a good selection of fem seeds. and the ones they do have are like $120 for 6 seeds etc. if i can get fem seeds from the US at a good price, i am all for that.

19. the Mephisto US website does not show anything for sale? do you have to register a new account to see the inventory or is there another site?

20. Hey sorry buddy they’re taking the holidays off! Shop back open very early January

• Like Like x 1