Seed starting

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GrowingTheDream., Mar 18, 2018.

1. I always use happy frog to germinate seeds. Seems to work great but i have a ton of my soil i use and want to stop buying happy frog.

Could i use no till soil to start seeds? Im afraid the no till soil is way to hot for the seeds.

2. ive started them in an amended compost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Really? And you have no issues. Il have to give it a go.

I have a large tote where i keep my extra soil. Its has everything imaginable in it.

4. I've started every seed I've ever grown in no-till soil. Once or twice even right after I mixed. I DIDNT use alfalfa at all though. As it might not bother anything but I've always heard it can be rather hot for seedlings. So I always played that part safe. Added alfalfa in hay form after a few weeks.

You should be perfectly fine. Good luck and happy growing.

J Evergreen

5. I have had great luck with homemade seed starter using the following recipe. 2 quarts leaf mold or compost, 1 quart rice hulls, 1 tablespoon kelp meal. If the compost is suspected to be a little hot, I use 1:1 ratio of compost to rice hulls.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've used the No till soil cut with extra perlite for starts - works good.
    Now I do something like 35%cspm/25%ewc/40% perlite - sprinkle of ag lime.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Sc00byD00bie, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    seeds will start with almost any medium and dont need much of anything aside from water and light to start growing, the most important thing is to have plenty of aeration in the sprouting media.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1