Seed sprouted in 3 days to a 3.5 inch sprout, what do I do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Limelighter, Sep 27, 2013.

1. So i've been smoking a long time, but this is my first time germinating a seed. It's a Purple Kush seed, I believe, I used the classic 2 plates and paper towel method to germinate it, well, I checked it today, and the sprout is over 3.5 inches long and it has completely shed itself of it's shell. Is this a normal occurrence for Germination? Please help

2. Wait, it's not planted yet?  In just three days???

3. Seeds can germinate in a range of times, this one took 2 or 3 days I guess because I checked it today and the sprout was fucking MASSIVE, and it shed itself out of the seed, so it's just a huge sprout. 

4. It sounds like a good vigorous one!  Plant it in soil, if you're going to grow it in soil, and in Hydroton if you are going to grow it hydroponically.  Put it with only about an inch to an inch and a half sticking out.  Don't keep it soaking but don't ever let it dry out completely.  Give it the brightest light you can without burning it.  DON'T feed it until it has a couple of sets of leaves.  Talk to it and tell it you love it and sing to it.  You can even pet it!  Gently of course!

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. That was my suggestion.

It's literally like you stole the words from my mouth...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Great minds think alike! :metal: