Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seed shell THC concentration

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by the chronicler, Sep 4, 2009.

1. I've heard here and there that the shell or the outside part of the seed thats harder to puncture, and you basically have to crush it or crack it, has like the second highest level of THC concentration, or maybe the little thin part thats around the whole thing before it falls off.. either way, its supposed to have a disproportionately high THC concentration. I don't know, kinda high... could be an overactive false memory. First thread post too, I'm celebrating right now... haha

2. Nope, sorry. They are good for eating and planting, that's it.

Ask Erowid : ID 190 : What is the THC content of seeds and stems, and why do people remove them before smoking?

3. Don't smoke seeds ever.

4. Ive "heard" that, I think its just an inane rumor.

5. Ive crushed seeds and smoked them when I didnt have any buds on me, I got a little buzz equivalent to that of a cigarette's. It's not worth it.

6. Stems probably have a higher thc content then tht of seeds. Hemp seeds and marijuana seeds are good for you though. Or you could save up seeds if you might want to plant them eventually

7. even with lower grade cannabis, the seeds willll give you a high. But like someone else said its just a buzz equal to smoking tobacco, and it tends to give you a headache. so its reallly not worth it. Either eat the seeds. or save them and grow them. even if you cant have a "controlled" grow. do what i do and save up a lot and then go around to good areas in the woods and you mayyy get lucky and something would grow. either way dont waste them. we should allll try toss them around and try and "overgrow the government" as the great and inspirational Marc Emery has said.

8. There is virutally no cannabinoids in seeds. Traces at the very best.

No, they will not give you a high. They'll make you light headed from inhaling carbon monoxide, that's about it.

9. No, they will not give you a high. They'll make you light headed from inhaling carbon monoxide, that's about it

well maybe "high" was the wrong word. but they will give you a slight buzz just from the smoke inhalation like with cigarettes. but either way, its still not worth it. so again, grow or eat them.

10. sedds willn ot get you high, now if you are talking about the calyx the seed develops in, the soft outer covering, that is potent sim. to bud, since it is the flower remneant, other than that, nope on seeds, and it would take 1,000 of the little calxy coverings to make a bowl, lol

11. I hold onto my seeds until I plant them, and they are surprisingly tasty. I actually prefer them to sunflower seeds. Here's a thought: imagine that I was at a baseball game munching on a bag of marijuana seeds. Good times.

12. I take extras and lightly roast them. They are great as is as well as tossed in salads, etc.

They also make a pretty good gruel by boiling/steaming and pounding them.

Hemp seed is second only to soybean in protein content when it comes to plants. That being said it's a far more complete protein than soy from the standpoint of it's amino acids content. It is also rich in good fatty acids such as the Omegas.