seed question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by budboy89, May 11, 2011.

1. I am planting some seeds (first time) i was just wondering if there is any diff in male seeds or is it straight 50/50

2. No, you cant tell a diffrence between male and female by looking at seeds. Just plant them and find out. There is some research that says you can influence the sex, but most belive its a genetic lottery. If you want to look at the article use the search function and I believe the post was titled how to get mostly female plants with standard seeds.

3. St8 5050. In fact you wont know till they get nice and big usually. So you might plant them tend to them for weeks, enthralled at there growth, hoping to smoke some good bud and then find out there all male and suffer the heartache of having to throw them out :). Buy feminized seeds my brother. 99% chance there females.

4. thanks i just wanted to make sure, ill do some research on the femanized seeds.

5. Be careful with femanized seeds they tend to have a higher probability of going hermie

6. haha ok ill just try it out the natural way if i keep gettin males ill look into it!