Seed question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by holyschmidt, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jw if there's a way to tell if a seed is good or bad by looking at it I can get pics if needed had some dank that I got blasted off of then I shit myself and saw two seeds one in two like 2 g buds just weird never had dank with seeds.... Will they hermie? Or wourth tryin I got a few seeds I found in mids just gonna try till I get good I was growing 4 king kong kush plants now almost down to two about to lose one but hey it is what it is any input is very appreciated thank you

2. usually, a bad bean is one that is very small and white, or just not regular looking. good ones are like a darker green/brown looking color. if you found seeds in some good smoke, chances are pretty good it's a herm, unless the person growing it germed some branches....

3. [quote name='"GrowBot"']
    usually, a bad bean is one that is very small and white, or just not regular looking. good ones are like a darker green/brown looking color. if you found seeds in some good smoke, chances are pretty good it's a herm, unless the person growing it germed some branches....[/quote]

Worth trying? I'll upload pics of all of em tommorow

4. Here's the two from dank

image-303973119.jpg

These are from mids

image-1425347216.jpg

Any worth using?

5. #5 twotokeengine, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    If it were me, I would try to germinate them between a sandwich of damp kitchen paper in a lunch box or some sort of container for a start. This will be the acid test for what you refer as "good seeds".

Aim is to keep the Kitchen towels damp not saturated, pop in a warm place and wait. Some say to keep it in the dark but this was not possible.

I waited 6 days for suitable tap roots to show, this was with old bag seed that got knocked about the floor one night when I was baked.

My germination apparatus was placed to the side of an open fire but not directly in front of it, progress was noted early AM & late PM.

When the tap roots poked their heads out it was into soil, with surgeon like precision as I presume the tap root only happens the once. 1/2" deep. Wee taste of water and LITFA. When the 1st set of leaves appeared I started "Bottom up" watering.

Others will chime in hopefully. All my knowledge is based on what I've read on these forums and it has worked for me.

It should be noted that I decided to grow organically as its cheaper for me, but also the process seemed simple. For other methods I cannot comment.

Have a read too bro, I like to read, some do not, but it really does go into your head so there is no real counter to that.

I'd never cultivate cannabis though and its only hypothetical!:confused: Keep her lit bro!

6. The seeds look OK. They are more likely to hermie, but don't let that stop you!

Plants can hermie because of "bad" genetics, stress or if they kept virgin for too long. Being a hermie is a survival trait. If the mother plant hermied because of stress or old age virginity, chances are, if you treat the new plants right, they won't hermie! :D But there is no way of knowing without growing!

Seeded bud is smokable if you dry it out and rub it through that big wire mesh strainer from the kitchen to remove the seeds. Then your just add a few drops of water to rehydrate it and you are set! :smoke:

Back when I started toking, most pot had seeds! :eek:

Granny :wave:

7. [quote name='"twotokeengine"']If it were me, I would try to germinate them between a sandwich of damp kitchen paper in a lunch box or some sort of container for a start. This will be the acid test for what you refer as "good seeds".

Aim is to keep the Kitchen towels damp not saturated, pop in a warm place and wait. Some say to keep it in the dark but this was not possible.

I waited 6 days for suitable tap roots to show, this was with old bag seed that got knocked about the floor one night when I was baked.

My germination apparatus was placed to the side of an open fire but not directly in front of it, progress was noted early AM & late PM.

When the tap roots poked their heads out it was into soil, with surgeon like precision as I presume the tap root only happens the once. 1/2" deep. Wee taste of water and LITFA. When the 1st set of leaves appeared I started "Bottom up" watering.

Others will chime in hopefully. All my knowledge is based on what I've read on these forums and it has worked for me.

It should be noted that I decided to grow organically as its cheaper for me, but also the process seemed simple. For other methods I cannot comment.

Have a read too bro, I like to read, some do not, but it really does go into your head so there is no real counter to that.

I'd never cultivate cannabis though and its only hypothetical!:confused: Keep her lit bro![/quote]

Thanks for the useful info ill try this after I finish this harvest

8. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']The seeds look OK. They are more likely to hermie, but don't let that stop you!

Plants can hermie because of "bad" genetics, stress or if they kept virgin for too long. Being a hermie is a survival trait. If the mother plant hermied because of stress or old age virginity, chances are, if you treat the new plants right, they won't hermie! :D But there is no way of knowing without growing!

Seeded bud is smokable if you dry it out and rub it through that big wire mesh strainer from the kitchen to remove the seeds. Then your just add a few drops of water to rehydrate it and you are set! :smoke:

Back when I started toking, most pot had seeds! :eek:

Granny :wave:[/quote]

Shit might as well try not gonna have any good seed for a while :)