Seed in my sack?!?! Please help!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DopestDope13, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Have a quick question.. So I harvested my Bubba and have had it curing for about a week when I opened the jar I noticed one of the pistils didn't look like it shrank at all come to find out it contains a seed is this a common occurrence or is it due to pollen getting in my flower tent... Please help

2. #2 Beeze, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    I don't know what is happening, but a few of my previous plants have had just 1 seed. My buddy tells me that every female plant produces 1 seed - basically a clone of itself, in seed form- or the plant just started to hermie due to being done flowering and still alive... idk, I'm no scientist.

If you found a single seed, I'd just keep your eyes on the look out for more, but you're probably just fine.

3. That's kinda what I figured it was a last ditch effort to keep the species alive. My only concern is that a few weeks back I brought a couple hemied plants into my house ( not knowing they were hermies till after they sat in my flower room for a couple hours ) and I'm not sure if it's been contaminated with pollen and could potentially ruin my other crops. I'm pretty sure if that was the case there would be a lot more seeds but I could be mistaken

4. You should never bring other plants let alone touch other plants then go into your grow room

5. #5 DopestDope13, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
    I know beginner mistake it happened a while back, but what does the seed mean?

6. If another sack comes up thn your just gunna get dirt weed and more seeds how much plants you got

7. You can still save your plant by picking every one of the Hermes off but you will get seed n your bud

8. Okay I'll explain a little better( don't know why I'm not asking what I did wrong or how to fix it, I get that part I'm green, but not that green).. I chopped the hermied plants the day I found out they had hermied which was the first and only time I brought them inside ( due to bad weather ) now I've long since cut it down but the crop I found the seed in was early in flower when it was exposed to the hemie and has since been chopped and dried. But it only produced one seed wouldn't it make a shit load of seeds and ruin the crop if it was exposed to pollen... I have a few plants in flower and none are showing signs of pollination well into day 34 of flower ( the pollen would have been in there before I even flowered them )

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on this? Is this seed from pollen or do some female plants produce seeds anyway ( without pollen )?

9. Yu my friend have nothing to worry about everything is good its a female seed and the only one you will get

10. Okay so just got done googling my last question and nowhere can I find a definite answer some say it takes pollen to make a seed some don't, tomato, tomato ( doesn't sound as cool when you spell it) right? Conclusion: Guess I shouldn't worry about 1 seed and just keep a close eye on my other crops for hermies... Paranoia is full awareness lol

11. Nope if it goes pass 2 seed sacks then you should be worried I constantly worry about my plants too haha a pic would be great

12. If that seed was due to pollination from the hermie, your odds of getting only 1 seed is extremely unlikely.