Seed Germination

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dojo Dad, Jan 13, 2014.

1. I have 5 Northern Lights auto seeds that I pop'ed  in distilled water after 3 days I moved them to solo cups of soil and have kept them most but its been 3 days since and nothing has come up.
    [SIZE=12.800000190734863px]I thought maybe they were buried to low so I skimmed the first 3 inches  soil out to see and I couldn't even find them. Its been 20 years since I've done this and I've already f'up?[/SIZE]
    \n\n

2. #2 AugustWest, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    giv'em a couple more days. if they had roots and your soil is moist, they'll come up.

but stop poking around in there!!  :poke:  :p

3. ok thanks,, still nothing but I will leave them alone.. How long will be proof that they are not coming up?

did they have roots when you planted them in the soil?

Yow! I like to Plant about 1/4" deep. Do you have more seeds?

6. Dude germinating 101.
    Soak you seeds in plain water for a couple of ours then move them to a slightly dampened paper towel fold it up put it in a zip lock in a total - dark place for 24 hours and you should have a root long enough to plant using tweezers gently place root into soil this the seed head surfaced.

7. No I don't have anymore I guess I will have to get some more.
    I soaked them for 3 days until the hull cracked open and I could see the tap root coming out. I placed them in the soil a 1/4 inch deep but didn't soak the soil first. when I wet the soil it soaked the water up like a sponge and I don't know how deep they went after that,, I guess to deep.  Wednesday will be a week...I guess its time for more seeds,,lol 

8. No the seed hull Had just pop'ed open and the very very small tap root had just came out.

9. Have a good method that works with the high priced seeds that you buy from the seed banks. paper towels, you just increase the chance of hurting the delicate sprout I used to do the paper towel thing in the 70's. If you have a good grow room and the seed is cheap of free than go strait to the soil.

Place seed in a pill bottle with a little bit of water and place it on a cable box, DVR or warm electronic item in an entertainment center.
    Soak 24 - 36 hours. plant 1/4" deep in soil in a 16 oz beer cup and cover with a sandwich bag place in a warm place. Take off the bag at first sign of a sprout and stick it under lights.

11. I would just keep them moist and warm for 2 more weeks. I usuly push them aside.

Start new seed at the same time. I just planted 15 or a known group of seed and got 12 out of 15 popped in 3 days.

Niravana seeds were the best even the freebies were 92% good.

12. Next time you start in soil just have a little patients.
    People get a little eager. Just relax and maybe don't soak your soil too much the seeds don't like to be saturated after you soak the seeds for a day then put them in a slightly dampened medium..

13. Thanks everyone very Helpful...