Seed Germination Color Change

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chipsncheesef, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I got a dub of dank and to my surprise I found a paleish green bag seed. About 12 hours ago I began to germinate the seed in a ziplock bag with 2 damp paper towels with the bag blown up in a dark place. Now, (12 hours later) the seed is no longer pale but fully light green. Is this a good sign my bag seed may germinate? Also, if a root breaks through, where should I start? Maybe a plastic cup? Id need to plant it outside.

Thanks

2. Maybe it's darkening from soaking up the water.....yeah put it in a cup when the root comes out and put the taproot pointing down.

3. Cup with soil right? I'm planning on putting this puppy outdoors if it (hopefully) germinates.

4. Yeah.

5. your too late for an outdoor grow. its flowering time.

6. This is true. ;)

7. I think that pale green and or white seeds are immature seeds mate and not sure if it will do much good i always discard these seeds and stick to the brown to dark seeds. You should be able to squeeze the seed between your pointer and thumb and if it is of a good colour and feels hard then try to germinate these ones, green and or white will pop when you squeeze them this way and thus meaning they are not ripe.
    :)