seed choice - need advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rayco, May 8, 2007.

1. :wave: hi
    i´ll be purchasing some seeds soon but cant seem to find the right ones. Im a bit of a novice but not that new to growing, when i lived at a student house at university many of my friends grew cannabis.
    I live in southern Spain, in an area that receives a good climate and i have a great balcony to plant. Im looking for some ideal seeds that meet the following criteria if possible:

- preferably sativas
    - a good sativa high when smoked, e.g; energetic, clear, cerebral high. Not stoned indica, weighed down feeling.
    - short plant, 100cm preferable. max 150cm. i dont want it too high
    - a bit of a forgiving plant, im not an expert grower
    - a fast grower/ early flower would be great
    - maximum yield per m2 isnt that important. 250gr is good

Ive seen lots of seed banks on the internet maybe someone can recommend a good one. Most importantly I hope someone can give me some advice! Thanks :D

2. My number one choice by far would be Speed Queen from Mandala. It grows short and flowers quickly like an indica but it is a much more energetic high and is very hardy and idiot proof. They also have Kalichakra and Satori which are more typically sativa I'm just not sure how much height you would need. Mandala has a forum on www.icmag.com/ic that has tons of grows that I would highly recommend checking out. They are very reasonably priced also.

My other choice would be Cinderella 99 if you can find it. It is a little finicky to grow and can be a bit stretchy but the high is very nice and the smell and flavor are unreal. Some phenos smell very much like pineapple.

3. an outdoor grown sativa will probably be taller than a meter. I suggest topping and LST whenever you are height limited. This forum has a seedbank forum where all the trusted seed banks are listed. You should go there to try and find a trusty seedbank near you.

4. www.seedbay.com get hashberry its only 15 dollars they ship all across the world

its owned by the owner of www.icmag.com/ic very good

hashberry is also a mandala strain

5. First of all let me say thanks to everyone for the help. I was looking at lots of seed banks getting nowhere. I was only looking at sativas not realising that an indica like Speed Queen can be so good! I will be ordering soon. Gracias

I also found a good, complete list of seed banks, sort of like an encyclopedia at:
    http://www.hanflexikon.de

6. Your desired criteria are a bit at odds. You want a sativa but you want a short plant that flowers quickly -- sativas generally are taller and longer-flowering. I recommend looking for a sativa/indica hybrid to find a compromise.