Seed Breeding Anyone Else Aspire To Be A Breeder?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NiCKh08215, May 31, 2013.

1. Ok so I've always wanted to start my own seed company, and would love to start creating my own strains. I know how to make a male and female breed, but what I'm looking for is an IN DEPTH description of how to make F1 back crosses and how to use a punette square to determine characteristics of future generations. Ive googled and search and can't find anything good to read to help me in my ventures.

If anyone knows any good links to sites that can help me in my search id really appreciate it. Or if you also have the same aspirations and have any useful info please feel free to share!

2. http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/botany.html

Chapter 3

3. No way! I googled for like half an hour looking for something like that! Thanks man. Anyone with any more info I'd still appreciate it! I can never know enough right?!

4. Google cannabis botany.

5. i like your idea.....just dont end up working for a dispensary...it sucks getting a buck or 2 for each unit and they sell them for 10,15 or 20$.....instead of giving them profit, now i just give my extra babies away. i would rather hook up a friend than a stranger.

6. Well as of now I'm just taking notes and doin research. Once I upgrade my system I'll start growing out a few strains to try and lock down certain phenos and work from there. I wanna create a heavy yielder, with a moderate to short maturation Time that's a heavy hitter. I figure if I can Cross a Greenhouse seeds Church (heavy yielder) x reserva privida kosher kush (heavy hitter) and lock down both traites in a male plant, I can save the pollen and use it on any truebreeding early harvesting strains to get an F1 generation of seeds that should be heterozygous dominant for all the traits I want creating my first strain of my own!

7. That was another great read dodger! Please everyone keep it coming!

8. #9 Buffalo11024, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    I'm reading the cannabis breeders bible right now. it's not bad so far, but there is a lot more information out there on the subject. This book covers other subjects as well.