Seed appearance?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rickster74, Oct 4, 2010.

1. So I'm wanting to try and grow some of my bag seeds and I have a question. Some of the seeds look like pictures I see with the seed basically brown with some lighter stripes on it. Some of them look white. I don't know if that is some kind of covering that can come off or will just go away when the seed germinates or if it is a useless seed.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

(ps, I searched, but all I found were threads about white widow seeds)

2. if its white then mostlikely its a dead seed you can still try to germinate it in water if u want but prolly wont get any wher with it use the dark colored ones

3. Use the colored seeds.. The ones that are white are just immature and won't be able to grow.. No use in wasting your time on those.. Goodluck and don't let people tell you bagseed will not do.. I'm on my first grow and heard that repeatedly.. Started out with 6 and now have 3 females.. Once you get a female in flower you can always clone as well.. Check out my sig if you want to see a small cfl grow with bagseed. Happy growing man

4. Viable seeds are grey or brown. May or may not have spots or stripes. Non-viable are white, black, or green. Also not viable is any seed that crackles when you roll it firmly between thumb and forefinger.

5. white seed just means its not fully developed

6. I agree with you non the bagseed.My first grow was w/ bagseed and a 250 hps and I was amazed how good it turned out.Small yield but good smoke.