Seed advice :D

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dougalis, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hey dudes , going to order my seeds for the 1st grow next week and was wondering where would be a good place ?
    We 100% want to grow northern lights but am a bit confused at the difference in prices from different sites as in from sensi seeds the plant we where looking at is SENSI SEEDS > SENSI SEEDS > Indoor > NORTHERN LIGHTS® and its £109 for the 10 seeds but from nirvana Northern Light Feminized marijuana seeds its £50 for 10 .. what could be the difference between the two to make such a large difference in price? If the sensi seeds are that much better they deserve the extra monies I'm happy to spend the extra cash but if its just a price difference because they are a popular and large site then I don't know.
    Getting really close to ordering time now and I really don't want to make a big mistake this early on :D thanks for any help in advance .

2. I would suggest using this website for ordering seeds, I have heard only good things. ATTITUDE SEEDBANK Cannabis Seeds

They will have a selection of northern lights from several different breeders, so you have some options there. I would recommend buying feminized seeds as well, it will be worth the extra money.

3. yeah as my post said and the links I gave where from websites and both are feminized seeds I was wondering what reasons could there be that the price difference is so massive

4. diff companies.

5. well I posted the same question on sensi seeds forums and the replay I got from one of their admin was

The Sensi Northern Lights is pretty much the oldest version still on sale. The Seed Bank, which went on to become Sensi Seed Bank was one of the first to offer it to the public in seed form. In the times that NL achieved legendary status (late 80s to mid 90s), most NL grown would have been from TSB/SSB seeds.

I think the feminised version you found would be the White Label fem Northern lights. WL seed are usually somewhat cheaper than Sensi strains, which is why the WL fem NL is still cheaper than Sensi regular NL. White Label is attached to Sensi Seeds and shares many genotypes, but is not exactly the same company.

There are probably dozens of other companies that offer seeds which may or may not be Northern Lights for a wide range of prices.

Some reputable breeders should have seeds that are bred from real NL; these may be great Indicas, and may even have most or all of the traits of of original NL. However, they're unlikely to be from the original parent plants which produce Sensi NL, instead being produced from plants grown from Sensi NL seeds (ie f2, f3, a new hybrid, etc).

So there actually is a reason for the price difference and not just its a different company. After another word with the dude he told me;

White Label genetics are mostly from Sensi (especially when strains share a name between the two companies). WL NL is the real thing.

The original, official Northern Lights is from Sensi and is not feminised.

Also, there are a few original Northern Lights lines, so there is some variation between various hybrid strains which use NL as a parent.

NL#1 and NL #2 were seed lines. NL#5 is a clone only super-resinous female and has been used in many top hybrids. NL #1 is used in strains like Hash Plant and Mr Nice.

I believe (but am not 100% positive) that Sensi Northern Lights is NL 5x2.

There are some old time mentions of NL#3, NL#7 and NL#9, but I think these lines didn't prove as interesting as the big three and have pretty much disappeared.
    You can probably find some seed-sellers referencing the more obscure NL lines, but it's most likely they're just using the names to sound authentic.

some pretty interesting stuff in there, just thought id share the answer to my problem :D